Page 1 of 1
Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 8th, 2010, 7:07 pm
by Navigator
When I look at my character's stats, I see that my max damage is red. What does this mean? I have no debuffs on my character and I'm fully rested up. However, I can't figure out why my max damage shows in red. Help!
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 8th, 2010, 7:17 pm
by xolotl
That's typically because your weapon is damaged to the point where it's losing effectiveness. Get it repaired (or switch to a less-damaged weapon) and you should see that redness go away.
Edit: Bah, beaten out!
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 8th, 2010, 7:25 pm
by Navigator
Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 8th, 2010, 11:48 pm
by Randomizer
Navigator wrote:Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
Actually once the weapon drops below poor quality it becomes weapon fragments and disappears. Same thing with armor pieces.
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 9th, 2010, 4:00 am
by Evnissyen
Navigator wrote:Oh no! Heh, I didn't know that a weapons level of repair effected its damage. I just assumed that once the repair level reached zero, that the weapon was no longer any good. Thanks! I'll get my dagger repaired ASAP!
Yeah, try to make sure, as often as possible, that your equipment is always as high quality as you can manage. Even a mildly damaged weapon reduces its effectiveness, and even barely damaged armor can reduce
its effectiveness. Restoring a simple helmet from 95% to 100%, for example, can sometimes recover a lost AC point (which might or might not matter to you based on your level).
At least, this has been
my experience.
I was surprised to discover this, myself, just how sensitive AC can be, sometimes. Until then I was thinking: wait until it's at 75% before fixing it.
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 9th, 2010, 9:40 am
by Painted Lady
I've pretty much started putting points into Repair within the first couple of Levels Up. It just saves so much aggravation (and money!).
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 9th, 2010, 10:19 am
by Rowanas
I made my way to Durnor immediately (after getting a writ) to buy the necessary levels
Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 9th, 2010, 11:43 am
by Painted Lady
Excellent idea

Re: Max Damage in Red?
Posted: August 9th, 2010, 5:09 pm
by IJBall
Rowanas wrote:I made my way to Durnor immediately (after getting a writ) to buy the necessary levels
I did the same thing, with my current Mage character - it made no sense to waste Skill points on Repair for a non-weapon using Mage character, so as soon as I got to Everdale, I went the other direction and went straight through Raven's Gate to Durnore (dodging a couple of Snow Wolves along the way!) so I get buy a Level in Repair.
