Page 1 of 1

What a gem of a game!

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 3:20 pm
by Navigator
At last! I have finally found a game that makes me feel like I did when I played my first CRPG, "Ultima III: Exodus"! Eschalon: Book II is an amazing game, and I'm not using that term loosely. The graphics are perfect for this type of game. The music is mood setting and great to listen to while adventuring. The ambient sounds are a great touch that really put you "in" the world. The quests are great because they don't hold your hand. You actually have to figure things out for yourself! There's no little arrow pointing you in the right direction, and for that I'm thankful! Creating a character is a sublime experience, akin to actually rolling a new character in a pen and paper RPG. I love it!

Basilisk, You guys have done an awesome job. Seriously, I can actually play this game for hours and hours (and I have, much to the chagrin of my wife!) and have fun the entire time. I'm eagerly looking forward to your next game and I'll do my best to spread the word to my friends about your games.

Again, kudos to all of you at Basilisk. You've made a very fine product.

Re: What a gem of a game!

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 5:26 pm
by Dragonlady
I agree, great game, great creator. :D

Out of curiosity, how did you find Escalon: Book II? Word of mouth, google????

Re: What a gem of a game!

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 5:42 pm
by Navigator
Dragonlady wrote:I agree, great game, great creator. :D

Out of curiosity, how did you find Escalon: Book II? Word of mouth, google????
I found out about it on Steam. Did some research on what it was all about and decided to buy it. I haven't regretted buying it at all! This is the type of game that I cut my teeth on many, many years ago and I'm really enjoying it.

Re: What a gem of a game!

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 6:55 pm
by Dragonlady
Navigator wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:I agree, great game, great creator. :D

Out of curiosity, how did you find Escalon: Book II? Word of mouth, google????
I found out about it on Steam. Did some research on what it was all about and decided to buy it. I haven't regretted buying it at all! This is the type of game that I cut my teeth on many, many years ago and I'm really enjoying it.
Great! Thanks, and be sure to pass the word on in other forums! :wink:

Re: What a gem of a game!

Posted: August 7th, 2010, 6:58 pm
by Vulpeckulla
Totally agree, Ultima III was my first CRPG also. Been a total junkie ever since... going on 25 years now? I'm so glad I found this game (thanks to Steam.) Great job Basilisk Games, I haven't been this happy with a CRPG since probably PS: Torment or maybe Original Everquest. Can't wait to finish up with this one and try Book I.