Page 1 of 1

Error launching game

Posted: July 14th, 2010, 9:46 am
by Imhoteph81
I purchased Book 2 through steam and when i try to launch the game it returns an error window with the following.

BlitzMax Application
Error 003: Unable to create Saved Games directory in C:/users/Imhoteph/AppData/Roaming/Basilisk Games/Book 2 Saved Games/

After a bit of thinking I manually created the folders and it now returns a new error message.

Error 002: Unable to create Saved Games SLOT1 directory

Now creating this, it's again unable to create the SLOT2 and so on directories.
This seems like a quite difficult way of actually being able to play the game :P

Re: Error launching game

Posted: July 14th, 2010, 10:17 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
Imhoteph81 wrote:I purchased Book 2 through steam and when i try to launch the game it returns an error window with the following.

BlitzMax Application
Error 003: Unable to create Saved Games directory in C:/users/Imhoteph/AppData/Roaming/Basilisk Games/Book 2 Saved Games/

After a bit of thinking I manually created the folders and it now returns a new error message.

Error 002: Unable to create Saved Games SLOT1 directory

Now creating this, it's again unable to create the SLOT2 and so on directories.
This seems like a quite difficult way of actually being able to play the game :P
Sounds like either you're not on an account with proper privileges or you have security software running that's interfering.

Re: Error launching game

Posted: July 14th, 2010, 10:54 am
by Imhoteph81
I'm on an account with admin priv. and currently not running any security software. Game seems to work perfectly after making all the game save folders, but thought the post might be helpful either to developers or others experiencing same problem.

Re: Error launching game

Posted: July 14th, 2010, 11:47 am
by xolotl
Did you have to actually create the "AppData/Roaming" folder itself?

Re: Error launching game

Posted: July 14th, 2010, 1:17 pm
by Imhoteph81
no, those were already there of course. But I had to create the sub-folders Basilisk Games/Book 2 Saved Games and all the SLOT# folders

Re: Error launching game

Posted: July 14th, 2010, 6:29 pm
by CrazyBernie
The only time I've ever seen issues with creating the savegame folders/files is when you have that particular folder open... I wonder if Steam is somehow monitoring the savegame destination folder and causing a conflict...