did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
-
kelticpete
- Council Member
- Posts: 163
- Joined: May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm
- Location: USA
did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
spoilers.
I killed all the dragonels.
I was feeling cocky so I stepped on the tile and they all came out.
waxed them, tripped the lever, cleared the level, and came to a door with a wonderous lock. no way I can pick it at 1% chance. I went back and flipped all the levers...nothing.
stepped back on the tile (thinking maybe it locked when I stepped on it.
nothing.
did I miss a key? what am I missing here?
I killed all the dragonels.
I was feeling cocky so I stepped on the tile and they all came out.
waxed them, tripped the lever, cleared the level, and came to a door with a wonderous lock. no way I can pick it at 1% chance. I went back and flipped all the levers...nothing.
stepped back on the tile (thinking maybe it locked when I stepped on it.
nothing.
did I miss a key? what am I missing here?
Pax,
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
Yes, there is a key for that door - a nearby enemy is carrying it. I don't know if you can go back and get it once you've tripped the dragonel fight, though.
-
kelticpete
- Council Member
- Posts: 163
- Joined: May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm
- Location: USA
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
ok. I went back to level 2 save, and killed everything. do not see a key on this level. no dead guys dropped something to my knowledge other than food.
is it on an NPC on the 3rd floor? or someone not in the tower?
is it on an NPC on the 3rd floor? or someone not in the tower?
Pax,
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
I just used up the piles of demon oil I'd been carrying around to kill all (but one) of the dragonels without tripping the trap setting on the switches. That way I could come and go before the final battle. 
Is that the door that the General drops the key to? In which case it should be around there somewhere.
Is that the door that the General drops the key to? In which case it should be around there somewhere.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
kelticpete
- Council Member
- Posts: 163
- Joined: May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm
- Location: USA
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
hmmm..general. I heard about a general but have not met one.
Pax,
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
You may need to smash up a couple weird metal boxes with flashing lights first, but if you can't get to them, you may have missed a turn somewhere else. I'll have to go back and look again.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
There are two level 10 locks in Talushorn - the one you're at now, and a later one that I won't say much about for the sake of not spoiling it. Each one can be picked with a very high pick lock skill, or using a key dropped by an enemy. The General mentioned above carries the key for the second door. The key to the first door comes from a generic Taurax in a room nearby. Nobody seems to have posted maps of the dungeons yet, or I'd circle it for you.
Maybe the dropped bag of items is obscured behind a wall or something?
Maybe the dropped bag of items is obscured behind a wall or something?
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
Ah, the Advanced Key, I think. Dropped by a named Taurax down the next branch of the hallway that leads to that door you can't open.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
Oh, was he named? I shot first and asked questions later :)
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
You probably didn't take the time to check out the view from the windows, either.SpottedShroom wrote:Oh, was he named? I shot first and asked questions later
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
-
kelticpete
- Council Member
- Posts: 163
- Joined: May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm
- Location: USA
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
I Looked out the window. 
it was an unnamed one....I think either it did not drop the first time or he was in a corner where I did not notice the sack....probably saw it drop and assumed it was steak.
it was an unnamed one....I think either it did not drop the first time or he was in a corner where I did not notice the sack....probably saw it drop and assumed it was steak.
Pax,
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
-
SpottedShroom
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1372
- Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm
Re: did i miss something on talushorn level 3?
Hey, now. I may be violent, but I'm not uncultured!Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You probably didn't take the time to check out the view from the windows, either.SpottedShroom wrote:Oh, was he named? I shot first and asked questions later :)