Page 1 of 1

Odd Eastwillow Issue

Posted: June 5th, 2010, 8:38 pm
by King_Elendil
Hi, I'm new to the forums and only have had Eschalon Book II for about a week now, and I ran into a weird error. I'm a level 7 Ranger and I've been to Everdale, Port Kuudad, Raven's Gate, Durnore, and (of course) Eastwillow. I've picked up a lot of misc. items and I stored them in my house and Wendy's house (killed here because I was caught stealing :( ). I was playing as normal in Raven's Gate when I quick traveled to Eastwillow to look at some of my items- but when I got there, everything was like I had just started the game, Wendy was there, Darus was still alive, His note was outside my door, but most importantly ALL of my special stuff was gone! I saved the game and want to replace the Eastwillow map in the save file with one from a previous save that still has all of my stuff, can someone tell me how to do this?

Re: Odd Eastwillow Issue

Posted: June 5th, 2010, 9:26 pm
by Kreador Freeaxe
Carefully save in a new slot and then open each old save you have to check if the problem shows up in other saves. It sounds like somehow your Eastwillow map got replaced by accident. If it's in all of the saves, you're pretty much screwed on that stuff. Not sure how it happened, either, unless you were replacing maps to try to fix a bugged quest somewhere.

Re: Odd Eastwillow Issue

Posted: June 5th, 2010, 10:01 pm
by King_Elendil
I did save the game where I'm at, then I loaded another save and it does have the correct Eastwillow, so how do I use the Eastwillow from one save in another?

edit: I think the reason that this happened may be that I opened Eschalon again, while it was already open (if that makes any sense), so I don't think that it is a bug in the game.

EDIT, I found out that all maps have the same problem, so I'm going to forget replacing the maps, and just put my character in an older save.

Re: Odd Eastwillow Issue

Posted: June 7th, 2010, 9:42 am
by Oshkell
Hahahaha, serves you right, you pixel-murdering thief! XD