Page 1 of 1

[HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 7:49 am
by sorcery
I saw a map in the forum and found that there is an island in the middle of Greenriven Lake. Later I know that I can get my last bell (I've got the other three) on that island. Unfortunately, I failed to find anyway to that island. :cry: I've talked to the dwarf and explored underneath Ironpool Dam. I found a ladder under the dam but could't go downstairs. :cry: Where is the way to the cursed town of Westwillow? (Actually, I even don't know where is the Westwillow. The map at the west side of Eastwillow?)

PS:
If the portcullis is blocking your path, you must retrieve the Orakur research book from Ruel's house which is east of Eastwillow and show the book to Saint Gilhelm.
I didn't find the Orakur research book in Ruel's house. How can I get the book?

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 8:21 am
by agnari
the book he's talking about is part of the puzzle on the wall, teleporter poem. BUT, i don't think that is the correct answer.

you need a history lessen from the ole magic shop owner west of willow, the one that sent you to St whatever in Port K. that gets you access to west willow.

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 8:26 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
In Ruel's house you need to dress yourself in Bronze to learn the magical secrets of the metal. Five main pieces work (helm, gloves, boots, pants, body--man did it take me a long time to find gloves, though). That will let you get the book.

Westwillow you have to follow a winding path through the rooms under the dam. There are several doors that might be hard to see. Just search around for them, then you'll get to a spot where you have to flip a bunch of switches in order to open the rest of the passage. At this point, you probably won't have too much trouble with all the skeletal archers, but be aware that they're there (along with other undead).

Oh, reading Agnari's post, yes, you may have to ask Minus about the history before you can get the dwarf under the dam to open the lower chambers.

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 9:43 am
by sorcery
Thank you, everyone. I will try again to search the Westwillow and the book according to your kind suggestion. :D
helm, gloves, boots, pants, body--man did it take me a long time to find gloves, though
Me too. But I get only helm, gloves and armor now. =v=b

Oh, Jedi_Learner, I fail to see your map. What a pity! Perhaps there is something wrong with the picture file? Or maybe there is something wrong with my Internet here? The net condition in my university is not so good. But thank you all the same.

——————————————————————————————————

Yeah! I find the Westwillow!!! Ice lance is really great. One shoot one kill. though they are dead. (OK. They are undead. So I let them die again. :lol: )

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 11:12 am
by Lightning
Oh, the warning about the undead? Some of them are quite powerful and need to be wrestled through before you can get up to that island on the surface. I know when I first hit this place, my level was probably a little lower than it should have been and while I never actually *died* finishing this area, I had to rest and recuperate several times. :oops:

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 11:42 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
I went there very early and ended up doing a lot of running back to town before I finally managed to finish the place off.

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 2:54 pm
by bkrueger
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I went there very early and ended up doing a lot of running back to town before I finally managed to finish the place off.
My experience was similar, I decided to stop the side quest half ways and came back later.

This seems to be a general trend: In my second play through I went straight to port Kuudad without making side quests. This was much easier.

Usually in RPGs it is advisable to complete many side quests before going on with the main quest in order to be strong enough for that. Here it is the other way around at least till Port Kuudad, where you can learn and buy many things and go back adventuring...

I think that is a good thing, because it allows for many different approaches to the game.

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 4th, 2010, 10:43 pm
by Turtle
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I went there very early and ended up doing a lot of running back to town before I finally managed to finish the place off.
This, but I didn't need to run back to town. As long as I couldn't see any red dots on my "revealed" automap, I could camp right where I was and nobody bothered me.

I gained 3 levels without seeing the light of day.

Re: [HELP!!] How can I get to the island in Greenriven Lake?

Posted: June 5th, 2010, 1:32 am
by corwin
Yep, great part of the game and other than the Mayor getting himself killed so his quest never left my log, I gained at least 3 levels here also.