Page 1 of 1

convent well

Posted: June 2nd, 2010, 5:24 pm
by kelticpete
I have found julian. I also found two barrels that can explode, and I found an iron gate I can't open.

I tried exploding the barrels where they were..no wall fell.

I moved one to the storage room and used it to blow a way to the chest. cool.


I am tired and cranky today (been sick) and just want to get past that iron gate. I can't shoot the lever on the other side and I can't blow up gate with barrell. (been tried.)

Re: convent well

Posted: June 2nd, 2010, 5:39 pm
by JoeSlow
This iron gate is supposed to be an exit not an entry.
You should find a way to the other side and may move the lever.
But behind the gate there is nothing essential.

Re: convent well

Posted: June 2nd, 2010, 5:40 pm
by Randomizer
If you continue along the south side of the area there is a secret passage that opens when you stand on the correct pressure plate (not the ones in the rat trap). This will eventually lead to the lever.

It helps to use torches.

Re: convent well

Posted: June 2nd, 2010, 6:34 pm
by kelticpete
thanks. I forgot to check out the room where julian died. I ran out of arrows fighting him.

only found 125 gold but that will go towards arrows. (starting to regret playing a ranger...)

Re: convent well

Posted: June 3rd, 2010, 5:26 am
by Hedin
kelticpete wrote: only found 125 gold but that will go towards arrows. (starting to regret playing a ranger...)
Rangers rules!

And I'm one of them.

Some helpful tips:
1. When you have a skill focus you can kill most of enemies in ONE blow!
2. When you gain 1!!! (by book) or 2 (by "smart hat") points in Mercantilism you can buy arrows for 1 coin instead of 2 coins without that skill!
3. Also you must grow Dexterity (for To Hit) and Concentration (for Damage)!
4. I can't imagine being a ranger without Predator's Sight spell or potion (because of poor lighted dungeons and nights) - you can find teacher for Elements in Port Caudad (100gc for 1-st level), book for elements(+2 levels if you already have this skill) abot 150gc, Ring of Elements (Elements +2) - it cost just 80gc!!! - and ta-daaa: you are skilled 5 in elements for 330 gc! And you can cast such pretty spell on level 3! Having Hide in shadows appreciated but not a "must have" skill.
Just 1 minus - you need 12 (11 if you have +1 "smart hat") intelligence (you will understand why in Port Cuadad on the path of main quest) to read Predator Sight scroll, but I think it worth it.
5. Remember that you can change settings of hits for your weapon (power strike, parry, etc).
6. About 120 arrows you may find in Wolfenwood forest, near female ranger.
7. Of course, it's better for you to have an ability of using some close-combat weapons. (because there is not enough arrows(for me) in the beginning).

P.s. I dont't know how to mark Spoilers. And my english is not the best.
Please, be kind.

Re: convent well

Posted: June 3rd, 2010, 3:02 pm
by kelticpete
thanks for the tip.
I am like level 7...still broke. I have been buying up the cheap levels of forage and I bought the first 3 levels of divinination. then used spell book and two skill points. I have div of 7, merc of 4 or 5, and bow at like 12.

I have dex of 30. and concentration of like 23. a few points i spent on wisdom of 15...

I love the feat. very helpful with bow.

I am currently broke from buying forage up to 5. want to have forage 8 (PLUS BOOK) AND Alchemy 8...that is alot of money but then I can put skills into combat and pick lock.