Page 1 of 1
Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 11:03 am
by Wormwood
So strolled out of the dwarven mine, crux of fire in hand and found my third bell. figured on my way back to the hood i should grab the last bell i need from under the dam. Dwarf in the room with the levers wont tell me anything new, cant go anywhere else. Minus apparently is dead, i think i killed him much earlier in the game for some reason or another. Did i screw myself over?? Or am I missing something?
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 1:24 pm
by Lhoric
It has been mentioned that if you delete a map file from your save game directory, a replacement (new) mapfile will be created the next time you re-visit an area. The should bring Minus back to life, but I haven't tested it. Hope that helps.
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 3:02 pm
by MaximB
----Spoiler and Question ----
I've spoke with the midget and he opened the gate, I killed everyone I could find there and gone trough a long and narrow tunnel just to find out it leads nowhere and the game says "Turn back, there is nothing for you there" ...
So why all this trouble going trough the dungeon only to turn back ?
Or am I missing something ?
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 3:28 pm
by JoeSlow
MaximB wrote:
Or am I missing something ?
Yes you did!
SPOILER:
A very difficult fight,
the last bell
and a tiny island
You have to walk a very thin path to get there
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 4:47 pm
by MaximB
Thanks,
I Guess I'm screwed till the next patch 1.04 .
And then I will also need to reset the map (what exactly does it mean ? that all monsters are walking again ? and what about my xp from those monsters ? ).
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 5:06 pm
by Kreador Freeaxe
MaximB wrote:Thanks,
I Guess I'm screwed till the next patch 1.04 .
And then I will also need to reset the map (what exactly does it mean ? that all monsters are walking again ? and what about my xp from those monsters ? ).
Your character will be exactly as it was, but all of the elements on the map will be set back to their state before you ever entered it, so you'll be able to kill all of the monsters again and open all the boxes again.
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 5:14 pm
by silverkitty
Might be a good idea to not be _on_ the map when you delete the file. just in case it puts you in a weird state (on top of a monster's initial point for example). This is one of those abuses of the system that make developers mutter things about "undefined behavior"
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 5:34 pm
by Kreador Freeaxe
Would be intriguing if you do it from inside the dam, but reset the map so the door is closed.

Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 8:55 pm
by Wormwood
Anyway to tell which numbered .MAP file is the one i need? I moved all of them to test it out and it definitely appears to have worked so thats good. But i'd prefer not having to clear ALL my maps haha
Re: Did i kill off the only chance to get under the Dam?
Posted: June 1st, 2010, 9:19 pm
by Wormwood
nvrmind, after moving the map files, starting the game then closing it and returning the map files the guy showed up again. HOWEVER it seems i did corrupt something as my save file vanished "Slot3" when i tried to save in that spot again. luckily it allowed me to save in a different slot. though it seems it may become a recurring problem. Oddly enough chests are open as if i've come through the area already, doors too, but monsters are all back. Lesson to be learned here, "Don't get caught stealing, and if you do, don't get angry and kill the guy who caught you because messing with saved games = bad."