Page 1 of 1

Save location request

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 5:00 pm
by Tyranthraxus
BW, I remember asking you this before, back when EB I came out.
Is there any chance that games could be saved inside of the program directory, instead of somewhere within "Documents and Settings"?

I`ve always found that keeping Windoze relatively smooth and stable (I did say `relatively`), is to try to keep as much clutter off the C: drive as possible.

A lot of games nowadays, seem to default to having their save file locations in C:\Docs and Settings, with no option to choose a more favourable location.

As a result, all the EB, Colonisation, King`s Bounty, and many more, save game files are rapidly filling the C: drive, boot times are getting longer, Windoze starts to slow down, and virus scans take an age.

Please, please, please, can we have a better choice for the save location, at least until Micro$oft become competent at writing OS`s, by which time, I`ll probably be too senile to care anyway. :mrgreen:

Re: Save location request

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 5:23 pm
by Buckets
You can edit the general.cfg file located in your Eschalon Book II folder in program files to set a different save game path. Just follow the instructions in the file. :)