Page 1 of 1

got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 27th, 2010, 10:45 pm
by ctoutant
I return to Korren with the Crux of Fire but I don't receive any new quest from him. My quest log is empty and I have Crux of fire in my inventory. Do I mist something?

I kill sparrow before I meet korren to get the quest. I receive my Linux copy, so I will start again with max difficulty, but if I miss something, I will be happy to finish game in normal mode.

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 27th, 2010, 11:04 pm
by Randomizer
Which version number of the game did you use when you killed Sparrow?

It was supposed to have been fixed in testing, but the 1.01 version seems to still have a bug where if you kill Sparrow before talking to Korren, then you never get the quest to Return the Crux to Korren.

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 27th, 2010, 11:26 pm
by ctoutant
Make sense, I kill sparrow when I quest for Goliath Boreheads. Thank, I can now stop to search for missing thing. Its good for me, I forget to select fix seed for loot and is hard to not reload game when you are disapointed...

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 6:05 pm
by Mike Modified
Yep! Me too! Version 1.02 and I'm dead in the water! :D

A bug fix, please sir!

Mike

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 6:13 pm
by Dragonlady
Mike Modified wrote:Yep! Me too! Version 1.02 and I'm dead in the water! :D

A bug fix, please sir!

Mike
Don't know about your bug but version 1.03 is out if you want to check that one.

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 7:29 pm
by Mike Modified
Thanks! Seems that the News page hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Mike

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 7:35 pm
by Dragonlady
Mike Modified wrote:Thanks! Seems that the News page hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Mike
I went and checked the News Page just now, it was updated on the 26th in the same paragraph about Mac/Linux being up for grabs..err, sale.

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 7:37 pm
by Mike Modified
Life's too short to read about Macs & Linux! :shock:

Mike

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 8:19 pm
by Mike Modified
Still broken :cry:

Mike

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 28th, 2010, 9:18 pm
by Lhoric
I'm not sure if this will work, but if you can identify and delete the map file for broken blade, sparrow may come back from the dead and when you again visit broken blade, a new map will be put in your save file directory, and it will yield new treasures and a few more beatles to bash. Worth a shot, and if it works, that would be better than starting over to avoid killing sparrow. Hope that helps!

-->> Lhoric

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 29th, 2010, 1:58 pm
by Mike Modified
:shock:

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 30th, 2010, 1:12 am
by Mike Modified
Lhoric wrote:I'm not sure if this will work, but if you can identify and delete the map file for broken blade, sparrow may come back from the dead and when you again visit broken blade, a new map will be put in your save file directory, and it will yield new treasures and a few more beatles to bash. Worth a shot, and if it works, that would be better than starting over to avoid killing sparrow. Hope that helps!

-->> Lhoric
Well, it seemed like good advice.

I saved the game to an unused slot (the last one). Went into /slot20 and renamed the map (5047.map btw), restarted the game, and loaded the last saved game. I then quick-traveled to Broken Blade and wow! It worked! No map and lots of beetles! Checked to see and Sparrow was there.

But first back to Korren. Went thru all of the dialog menus and he did NOT/would NOT give me the quest! Double-checked by trying to talk to Sparrow and she was as hostile as ever.

Anybody have a suggestion??

Mike

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 30th, 2010, 6:26 am
by Randomizer
This may be one of those you have to delete too many maps to clear out the quest and eventually it will not work. I'm not sure if you can fix it.

I hate to say it, but I think you will have to start over just because you can't edit the flag for the main quest path.

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 30th, 2010, 9:44 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Mike Modified wrote:
Lhoric wrote:I'm not sure if this will work, but if you can identify and delete the map file for broken blade, sparrow may come back from the dead and when you again visit broken blade, a new map will be put in your save file directory, and it will yield new treasures and a few more beatles to bash. Worth a shot, and if it works, that would be better than starting over to avoid killing sparrow. Hope that helps!

-->> Lhoric
Well, it seemed like good advice.

I saved the game to an unused slot (the last one). Went into /slot20 and renamed the map (5047.map btw), restarted the game, and loaded the last saved game. I then quick-traveled to Broken Blade and wow! It worked! No map and lots of beetles! Checked to see and Sparrow was there.

But first back to Korren. Went thru all of the dialog menus and he did NOT/would NOT give me the quest! Double-checked by trying to talk to Sparrow and she was as hostile as ever.

Anybody have a suggestion??

Mike
Mike,

If you send me your original saved game game, just before you returned to Korren with the Crux, I will fix it so that he responds properly,

However, you will need to be playing version 1.03 of the game for this to work.

Re: got Crux of fire but Korren still ask me to for it.

Posted: May 30th, 2010, 11:14 am
by Mike Modified
PM sent.

Mike