Page 1 of 1
Access Violation
Posted: May 22nd, 2010, 11:45 pm
by NihilVerum
Cannot play this game. Get access violation error no matter what renderer I use or if its in windowed or fullscreen. As soon as I try to talk to 1st person in bulding with the bulls-eye target outside at start of game after killing rat, I get the access violation error.
Using Win 7 x64 4 gig ram and GTX 275
Tried with Dx7, Dx9, and OpenGL and all the dif audio renderers. Nothing works...
Even tried using "run as admin" and run in various win xp modes.
Right now thinking this is a waste of my money...
Any help?
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 22nd, 2010, 11:50 pm
by CrazyBernie
What version are you playing?
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 1:28 am
by BasiliskWrangler
^^ What CrazyBernie said. ^^
Look in this forum, sticked at the top, is a link to the beta version of 1.03. Try this if you are running anything earlier. A number of pesky bugs have been fixed up in it.
Let us know how it turns out.
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 12:13 pm
by Saiko Kila
I do have the same problem, with Book II I purchased yesterday on Impulse, which is version 1.02. The Access Violation pops up whenever I try to open character sheet window, or all windows together (by "x") but all the other windows seem to work when opened individually. I downloaded and installed Beta (1.03), and ran it in demo mode (because Impulse registration code doesn't work with it) and there's still no joy.
I've got Vista x64 with GTX260. There is no crash report in Windows Problem Reports and Solutions tool, so I cannot provide any specific info... Besides my more detailed config, if that helps.
BTW my Book I (Steam version) works without problems.
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 12:24 pm
by NihilVerum
Sorry, forgot to say what version. I purchased this from impulse and its ver 1.02.
I tried to use ver 1.03 but cannot register it using impulse reg code (same problems as Saiko Kila) Still get the access violation error in demo mode.
Its unplayable.
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 12:39 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Does everyone with this problem have the Impulse version?
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 1:06 pm
by Buckets
Sounds like they might be running into the bug with preset characters. Are you guys using F1...F5 to create a character? If so, try creating your own character instead and see if that works.
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
by NihilVerum
Buckets wrote:Sounds like they might be running into the bug with preset characters. Are you guys using F1...F5 to create a character? If so, try creating your own character instead and see if that works.
Yep, just came here to submit this as a bug. I get the access violation error ONLY when I use the "F" keys when creating a char. If I create a char myself, as Buckets has stated: The access violation errors go away. This includes the pressing "x" to open all windows and char dialogues.
Would submitting a save game from a premade and a self created char help?
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 1:30 pm
by Saiko Kila
Buckets wrote:Sounds like they might be running into the bug with preset characters. Are you guys using F1...F5 to create a character? If so, try creating your own character instead and see if that works.
Yes. I was just going to post that. I created three characters on my own, and three "quick" characters via F2 or F4 (I assumed that creates the best possible character

). Only these three pre-created characters crash the game, while the three custom crafted guys/gals seem to work just fine! Also, the problem is present with clean installed Beta 1.03.
Re: Access Violation
Posted: May 23rd, 2010, 2:16 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Ah ha! I just got it too!
Now that I can replicate it, I can fix it!
(So much for that version 1.03 being "final".

I'll make sure this fix gets in 1.03 for Wednesday).