Page 1 of 1

Upper screen dead spot in new version 1.0.2

Posted: May 18th, 2010, 1:42 am
by AK_Marty
Just installed the new game version and now there is an area at the top of the game that is dead. The cursor changes from the game cursor to the windows cursor in the top one inch of the screen from 1/4 of the screen width in from each side. When the cursor moves out of the dead area it becomes the game cursor again. The graphics look fine, npc's move through the dead spot like they are supposed to. Just the cursor is dead in that area.

I will go back to the first version, it was working fine. I just installed the new one because BW said we should.

edit: OK, I rolled up a new char and it appears the dead spot is a save game issue. New char screen is all live, old saves have the dead spot.

edit two: I switched between open GL, dx7 and dx9, then back to open GL, opening different save games from version 1.0.1 and the dead spot mysteriously went away. All is good now.

Re: Upper screen dead spot in new version 1.0.2

Posted: May 18th, 2010, 2:48 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Would it be possible for you to send me an old save with this "dead spot"?

Re: Upper screen dead spot in new version 1.0.2

Posted: May 18th, 2010, 9:01 pm
by AK_Marty
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Would it be possible for you to send me an old save with this "dead spot"?
Of course, glad to help

Re: Upper screen dead spot in new version 1.0.2

Posted: May 20th, 2010, 10:30 am
by BasiliskWrangler
I wasn't able see this bug.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, please send me a saved game.

Re: Upper screen dead spot in new version 1.0.2

Posted: May 20th, 2010, 10:20 pm
by AK_Marty
BasiliskWrangler wrote:I wasn't able see this bug.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, please send me a saved game.
I cannot replicate it myself now. Must have been Gremlins :!: