Page 1 of 4

Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 9:20 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Beta Test Application is now online. Head to the front page for details.

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 9:42 am
by IJBall
You might want to add a final "Is there anything else you wish to add, or comment on, before submitting this application?" question to the application form.

(This would be a place where some of us could say things like, "I really would like to beta test, but if the Mac beta is in May instead of June, you probably should consider somebody else..." ;) )

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 10:14 am
by getter77
Just completed the form as of a few seconds ago. :pitches his die:

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 11:11 am
by Unclever title
Timing! As much as I'd love to help out I have a choir tour starting up near the end of the month. So yeah, while I've been enthusiastic about the idea I won't be submitting an application. Good luck and fortitude for those who will be beta testers! May those who are selected find many bugs or elsewise determine there to be few.

Hmm... I am suddenly reminded of the phrase of Gladiators, "We who are about to die salute you!"

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 1:59 pm
by samsmithnz
I submitted an application. I wonder how many applications with be sent?

As a long time fan and lurker, I'm looking forward to Book II. There just aren't that many quality single player RPG's out there anymore (That run on my laptop :D)

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 3:46 pm
by Dragonlady
I, too, have submitted my application. I'm just barely breathing, anxiety building and building. :lol:

Rah! Rah! Rah! 3 cheers for BW!

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
by King_ov_Death
I filled the form at around 11 o'clock this morning.

Now, it's time for us to roll the dice and wait to see who's chosen... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 6th, 2010, 10:36 pm
by Buckets
Mine's in too. I'm so excited!

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 12:07 am
by MrEntity
Just finished submitting mine. I agree with the idea that there should have been an open comment box at the end. Where else can I threaten to kidnap your relatives if you don't let me in?

For those unfamiliar with dry humour, that was a joke.

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 12:29 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Baked goods go farther than threats of kidnapping. :wink: :D

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 1:55 am
by CrazyBernie
Mmmmm.... pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies...

Or better yet, my world famous pumkin chocolate-chip whoopie pies with cream cheese frosting... :shock:

Damnit, you made me think about baked goods... now I'm gonna have to make some... as soon as I figure out where the hell that recipe ran off! >.<

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 2:54 am
by Randomizer
I sent in mine.

But while I wait a week for a possible answer. I'm using a Mac with OS 10.3.9 and the application form mentions OS 10.4 and later, so does this mean that older operating systems won't be able to play Book 2?

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 9:24 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Randomizer wrote:I sent in mine.

But while I wait a week for a possible answer. I'm using a Mac with OS 10.3.9 and the application form mentions OS 10.4 and later, so does this mean that older operating systems won't be able to play Book 2?
Honestly, my 10.3.9 Mac crashed and I wasn't able to locate another version of 10.3 to rebuild with, so I upgraded. 10.4 is the lowest version we have access to, so without testing it myself I can't say what the lowest OS we can support right now.

In the end, it really depends on whether our compiler supports that OS- over time, older OSes are dropped from the legacy support. For example, I know Windows 98 and ME are no longer supported.

Unless I find someone else with 10.3.9, looks like you are a prime candidate for a tester, Randomizer. Are you running an Intel or a PowerPC CPU?

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 10:34 am
by King_ov_Death
BasiliskWrangler wrote:Baked goods go farther than threats of kidnapping. :wink: :D
Do you like cakes? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Beta Test Application

Posted: March 7th, 2010, 10:54 am
by CrazyBernie
BasiliskWrangler wrote: Unless I find someone else with 10.3.9, looks like you are a prime candidate for a tester, Randomizer. Are you running an Intel or a PowerPC CPU?
Pssst... I can answer that...

Official Intel Processor support didn't come until OS X Tiger, 10.4.4 to be specific. So unless he has a stolen from Apple a pre-Tiger build compiled on an Intel system... :shock: