Book II Beta?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 47
Joined: May 31st, 2009, 5:45 am

Book II Beta?

Post by Drixx »

So,

Regretably I found this company and specifically Eschalon book 1 only very recently. Go go Greenhouse Games though, they have turned me on to some excellent independant games and Eschalon was definately no exception. I notice from poking around the site that when Book 1 was nearing completion you guys sought out 12 beta testers. I was wondering if you were going to use the same twelve or bring on any additional for testing of book 2?

I've got a pretty long history of being involved with game beta (and alpha) tests, and a decent software development background, and I would love to lend a hand to this amazing company. The forums don't seem exceptionally active from what I can see, so if you're going to have an application up again later, I'll make sure to check back frequently so I can apply.

Amazing game, and I'll have a post up with some thoughts when I finish deciphering my scrawl of notes from my first complete playthrough (Paladin).
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3900
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Beta testing begins later this fall. You'll need to sign up for it when we announce we're starting (we'll have an online form for you to fill out).

And welcome to the pub, Drixx.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1469
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
Location: Wandering the Rift

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by Randomizer »

Thanks for the testing update.

So it looks like we still might see the game this year if there are no major game balancing problems with the new combat system.
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3900
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Randomizer wrote:Thanks for the testing update.

So it looks like we still might see the game this year if there are no major game balancing problems with the new combat system.
We are very optimistic that we can make the 2009 release window, even if it comes down to a New Years Eve release party! :D Of course, another ideal release date would be November 19th, 2009 -- exactly 2 years after Book I.

We'll just have and see...no promises.... :wink:
User avatar
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 47
Joined: May 31st, 2009, 5:45 am

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by Drixx »

Thanks for replying so quickly BasiliskWrangler, and thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definately be submitting a detailed application when the time comes.
User avatar
Sslaxx
Council Member
Posts: 169
Joined: April 28th, 2008, 4:53 pm
Location: Malvern, UK
Contact:

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by Sslaxx »

Hey, BW, just wondering why you haven't moved this thread to the Book II section?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3900
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

:wink:
dare49devil
Senior Council Member
Posts: 233
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 5:21 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Book II Beta?

Post by dare49devil »

Haha. Funny. Just making sure you're still sharp and keeping you on your toes BW! =P
Post Reply