Page 1 of 1
help plz.
Posted: July 6th, 2008, 2:29 pm
by slayer
I have a great charactor with 20 on the top four and some 11 and a 12 and 13 on the lower attritubes but I have some stuff I need identified how do I do that especially the sword from tangletree?
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 6th, 2008, 2:43 pm
by Zorlac
You've gotta get your Lore skill up. I was having the same problem for a while.
I thought maybe there was a spell to identify items, but I never found one.
So I just started upping my Lore skill and things started ID'ing.
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 6th, 2008, 2:50 pm
by Unclever title
There is a Divination spell called Lore as well to reveal unknown items, however it only starts getting useful (I've found) at the second or third rank or above.
In terms of finding this spell I always found it in shops, there was one instance I found in in a barrel or something but then I had to reload and lost it.
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 6th, 2008, 4:37 pm
by Auron
you can always get a Lore Master Ring (I think that's the name..

). It gives you +6 Lore. It manages to do the trick =P it's not that hard to find it nor buy it =P
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 6th, 2008, 5:02 pm
by Dragonlady
If you have some spare change, you can always ask the shopkeepers to itendify it for you. Been a while, I think you click on the item with the right mousekey and sell with the left. They charge through the nose though.
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 7th, 2008, 12:30 am
by JyriErik
There's also a "cheat" for stackable items. Let's say you have one ectoplasm. You kill a poltergeist & it drops an "unknown" item that looks exactly like ectoplasm. Just stack it & it automatically ID's.
Jyri
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 7th, 2008, 1:59 am
by Mongolian
There's also a "cheat" for stackable items. Let's say you have one ectoplasm. You kill a poltergeist & it drops an "unknown" item that looks exactly like ectoplasm. Just stack it & it automatically ID's.
Uggg, why must games always have some crazy cheat... thats sick.
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 7th, 2008, 4:24 am
by slayer
Thanks for the info very helpful
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 7th, 2008, 9:53 am
by Kreador Freeaxe
Mongolian wrote:There's also a "cheat" for stackable items. Let's say you have one ectoplasm. You kill a poltergeist & it drops an "unknown" item that looks exactly like ectoplasm. Just stack it & it automatically ID's.
Uggg, why must games always have some crazy cheat... thats sick.
I don't think of that as a cheat. If you pick up an item, and it looks exactly like another item you already have (and have identified), then you should know what the new item is. Sticking it on top of the others shows that you recognize it.
This only works for stackable items, of course, which is as it should be. If you have an oak leaf, and you pick up another leaf, you can hold the two next to each other and tell if the new one is also an oak leaf. If you've only seen an oak leaf--but don't currently have one in your possession--you may not be able to tell if the new leaf is oak or ash or beech.
Until I figured out about stackable items, I thought it was insane that I had to keep expending mana or money to identify each ectoplasm, or Ogre Strength potion, or Invisibility III, or whatever, despite having others of the same item in my possession and identified already. I would think NOT being able to figure out what they are was a flaw in the game design.
Re: help plz.
Posted: July 7th, 2008, 11:42 am
by Mongolian
fair enough. I agree.