Page 1 of 1

Superb game!

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 3:16 pm
by zanderohm
I'm a long time gamer having started my addiction with Wizardry I on the Apple II+ back in the day...
I must say that I am very impressed with Eschalon and have thoroughly injoyed exploring the world...

I haven't finished the game yet, but I feel like I'm close...

Have a gadget thing I don't know what to do with... and got all three easter eggs, but not sure where they go... and I can't seem to open up some gates in a dungeon in the south east part of the maps... other than that, doing good...

So I am assuming that bkII will continue from bkI and getting your character in good shape to continue is a priority... correct?

In conclusion... not to sound threatening...
But you guys had better continue making games like this cause I need to keep my fix going!

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 5:11 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
Thanks zanderohm. We're hard at work on Book II and will have some juicy info on it later this spring! :wink:

Re: Superb game!

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 8:35 pm
by acoustibop
zanderohm wrote:Have a gadget thing I don't know what to do with...
If you mean a Widget no, it has no use, zanderohm.
and got all three easter eggs, but not sure where they go...
Have you not got into Shadowmirk yet?
and I can't seem to open up some gates in a dungeon in the south east part of the maps... other than that, doing good...
You have to filch the key for them while you're in Darkford, and you can only get in once... ;)

Posted: March 5th, 2008, 8:56 pm
by zanderohm
Thank you for the info, acoustibop...

the widget has no use?!!! I've been carrying that thing in my pack, for what?!
looked interesting enough...

hmm, shadowmirk... doesn't ring a bell... maybe haven't gotten there yet...
where is that next to?

edit: duh!!! maybe reading the map would be helpful... found it... yes! i have been there, but didn't notice where to put the eggs... I'll go for another look... thanks again...

Posted: March 6th, 2008, 6:50 am
by zanderohm
The dungeon with the gates, "the outpost in burning sand"?,
is that the place where you need the key? The room with the two gates seem like they would be activated with levers, but I've gone over lots of the map looking for more of them, can't find 'em... I might have missed somewhere, but I also don't see where to put a key...

Also, is Darkford the main goblin camp?

edit: duh! duh!!!! now i just feel super lame... LOOK AT THE MAP!!! okay, i get it... the map shows stuff, huh?

so now what happens if i don't get the key there?

Posted: March 6th, 2008, 4:13 pm
by acoustibop
You can still get into Crakamir, but it's tougher - there's a route through a dungeon, or there's a portal you can activate.

BTW, you can only open the gates to Shadowmirk from the inside. You'll have to look for another way in...