feedback on character?
Posted: February 17th, 2008, 12:28 am
I've picked a character to level up and quest with for now, and I'd like some feedback / advice for future levels. I've included all the relevant details about my character so far, combat techniques and current plans for the future.
Noctus the Necromancer
Level 9 Nefarious Magick User
61hp, 113mp
(all stats and skills include item bonuses)
Stats:
19 Str
24 Dex
15 End
10 Spd
17 Int
14 Wis
25 Perc
10 Conc
Skills:
* means acquired from book or trainer and not skill points
** means item bonus
2 Alchemy *
7 Divination
14 Elemental
1 Light Armor
1 Heavy Armor
1 Cartography *
8 Hide in Shadows **
1 Mercantile *
9 Unarmed Combat **
1 Bludgeoning Weapons *
4 Bow Weapons *
5 Thrown Weapons *
Gear:
Iron Skullcap +2 (2+2 AR)
Cloak of the Shadow (2 AR, +3 Hide in Shadows
Mana Cache Amulet (+20 mana)
Iron Plate Armor (7 AR)
Heavy Plated Belt +3 (3+3 AR)
Iron Bracers (2 AR)
Splint Mail Leggings (3 AR)
Ring of Vigor (+5 hp)
Mystic's Ring (+2 Per)
Studded Leather Boots (2 AR, +2 Unarmed Combat)
Combat Styles:
As my skills and stats ought to give away, I'm playing a hybrid. I use both Elemental and Divination spells pretty regularly. When I melee (unarmed), I try to fight in the dark and use Bless and Predator Sight to tear people apart. I use Fire Dart for ranged attacks and Sonic Blast for crowd control. Divine Heal for healing, obviously. I rarely bother with defensive spells like Chameleon, because I'm pretty high level and well geared for the monsters I fight. I've completed Grimmhold, the cellar back in the starting town and the eversleep cemetery crypt. I've made it to Border Town and I'm on my way to turn the quest item in to Lilith. I figure I ought to start using weapons soon. I need to finish off my casting skills, get int and wis to 20 and perc to 35 (that gives 1 mana / 3 turns regen, right?), which I will balance with increasing my melee skills and stats. Assuming I'm right about what skills and stats I need for casting, just knowing what spells to add to my arsenal would be nice. I'm not really sure how to proceed for melee ability. I usually have 60-70% chance to hit in light or with Predator Sight on, and typically do somewhere around 10 a hit.
Edit: I'm now level 10. I added +1 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, +3 Divination.
Edit: Make that 11. +3 Str, +2 Divination, +1 Elemental.
Noctus the Necromancer
Level 9 Nefarious Magick User
61hp, 113mp
(all stats and skills include item bonuses)
Stats:
19 Str
24 Dex
15 End
10 Spd
17 Int
14 Wis
25 Perc
10 Conc
Skills:
* means acquired from book or trainer and not skill points
** means item bonus
2 Alchemy *
7 Divination
14 Elemental
1 Light Armor
1 Heavy Armor
1 Cartography *
8 Hide in Shadows **
1 Mercantile *
9 Unarmed Combat **
1 Bludgeoning Weapons *
4 Bow Weapons *
5 Thrown Weapons *
Gear:
Iron Skullcap +2 (2+2 AR)
Cloak of the Shadow (2 AR, +3 Hide in Shadows
Mana Cache Amulet (+20 mana)
Iron Plate Armor (7 AR)
Heavy Plated Belt +3 (3+3 AR)
Iron Bracers (2 AR)
Splint Mail Leggings (3 AR)
Ring of Vigor (+5 hp)
Mystic's Ring (+2 Per)
Studded Leather Boots (2 AR, +2 Unarmed Combat)
Combat Styles:
As my skills and stats ought to give away, I'm playing a hybrid. I use both Elemental and Divination spells pretty regularly. When I melee (unarmed), I try to fight in the dark and use Bless and Predator Sight to tear people apart. I use Fire Dart for ranged attacks and Sonic Blast for crowd control. Divine Heal for healing, obviously. I rarely bother with defensive spells like Chameleon, because I'm pretty high level and well geared for the monsters I fight. I've completed Grimmhold, the cellar back in the starting town and the eversleep cemetery crypt. I've made it to Border Town and I'm on my way to turn the quest item in to Lilith. I figure I ought to start using weapons soon. I need to finish off my casting skills, get int and wis to 20 and perc to 35 (that gives 1 mana / 3 turns regen, right?), which I will balance with increasing my melee skills and stats. Assuming I'm right about what skills and stats I need for casting, just knowing what spells to add to my arsenal would be nice. I'm not really sure how to proceed for melee ability. I usually have 60-70% chance to hit in light or with Predator Sight on, and typically do somewhere around 10 a hit.
Edit: I'm now level 10. I added +1 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, +3 Divination.
Edit: Make that 11. +3 Str, +2 Divination, +1 Elemental.