Page 1 of 1

Played the demo, some thoughts

Posted: February 13th, 2008, 1:58 pm
by Starke
Well, I played the demo and just bought Book I, currently downloading it. :D

I love this game, I really do, I was playing last night and didn't realize it had gotten to be 3:00 AM......

Just a couple of thoughts though. (based solely on the demo at the moment)

1. The game is very easy. (at least the demo portion is) I'm the sort of person who usually goes for the hardest difficulty setting, just because it's more fun for me. My first char was essentially a fighter with most of his skill points/stat points wasted and he only had to use a few healing pots through the entire demo. My mage and now my healer/thief haven't needed a single pot or had to use alchemy or well, much of anything. Some sort of variable difficulty setting (I was sort of thinking of something along the lines of the Avernum series, with the simple, and massive, increase in monster damage/health at higher difficulty levels) would be great for those of us who are masochistic. More critters to beat on would be nice as well, but since it looks like they are hand-placed on maps that might not be an option.

2. I saw this mentioned in another thread but it would be nice if you could be something other than a "human male".

3. Stacking. It took me halfway through playing my mage (my second character) to realize you could stack ingredients. Some sort of auto-stacking feature would be nice for things that do stack so your inventory doesn't always fill up.

4. Scrolls. I had intended my first char to be a fighter with some magic skills, but I *never* found a fire scroll and the stores never sold one. For characters that are more diversified (and thus don't get the scroll at the start) it would be nice if at least the first town sold something other than buff spells. Since currently, your choice seems to be either reroll the chests a few thousand times till you get the right scroll or do without. A somewhat minor annoyance, but it does limit the potential of characters who are essentially multi-class.

5. Auto-load hotkey? :D (yes, I do reroll chests, found it out by accident)

6. There was something else... Oh well, that's what happens when you don't get much sleep.

All in all I really like this game, the difficulty level is the only thing that really gets me so far.... Still, I can't wait to play the full game and then Book II/III :D