Page 1 of 1
Whistling cave help
Posted: February 7th, 2008, 4:11 pm
by jfiemmpa
In the cave, towards the left side there is a passageway that is blocked by a cave in. There are 2 explosive barrels on the south side and 3 on the north side of the blockage.
I can shoot the 2 on the south and they don't seem to affect anything when they blow up.
I can't shot the ones on the north.
Is this necessary for the stinger quest? I went all the rest of the cave I could find. North to the little lake, south to the lever trick and beyond it. But I have not seen a queen bee yet. So no stinger.
Is there another place I should be going for the Queen bee?
Posted: February 7th, 2008, 4:41 pm
by BasiliskWrangler
There is another way...keep exploring, you haven't uncovered the entire cave yet.
Posted: February 7th, 2008, 5:08 pm
by jfiemmpa
Okay, I see what I did. I got around the other way now.
Though I swear I got 2 extra gems from rocks after loading my game back up in the cave, that I hadn't been able to get before. I went trhough the earlier ares i had already gone through but 2 of the rocks glowed that ahdn't glowed the first time through and so I got more loot.
Is this like the reload cheat? More possible gems if you keep reloading and checking the rocks again?
Posted: February 7th, 2008, 5:16 pm
by Warmskin
I don't know about rocks; but chests, boxes, etc., and even vendors will have different items if you save beforehand and re-load again... So, that makes sense. Yes, it is kind of a cheat. It's up to you. I found later in the game when I had finally accrued a large sum of gold, I really wanted the vendors to offer something good that I could finally afford. I didn't feel *too* slimy.

gems in rocks
Posted: February 15th, 2008, 9:04 pm
by Ondarian
i think what may be happening here is that as your "spot hidden" and maybe even "perception" increase certain rock outcroppings appear more readily to you. it is all a roll of the die and based on percentages. i have walked by a rock several times and on the fourth or fifth passing it finally reveals itself.