Page 1 of 1

Torches and how they work, and a bug or two.

Posted: February 4th, 2008, 6:37 am
by mursu
Don't know if these things have come up in any other thread, but didn't find them at first glance anyway, so here goes:

Ok then, being the scumbag I am, I managed to find a nice exploit with torches when fighting in the dark. You can light up the torch when you hit and then quickly extinguish it using the T button so you can hit with normal accuracy but the monster gets the negative ToHit from the darkness as it hits back with the lights already out. Of course, this could be intended game mechanics, but I highly doubt it =)

With bows I found out that if you shoot a monster and hit T before the arrow has left the bow, it results in a partly frozen game :)

Partly frozen meaning that you can't move or interact with the world, nor open up the options menu with esc nor anything else, but you can open up inventory(like that's any use at that point).

I suggest you make the lighting/distinguishing of a torch to take up one round so you can't exploit it and/or use it to accidentally freeze up your game.

Posted: February 4th, 2008, 7:30 am
by BasiliskWrangler
Thanks mursu- we are overhauling this function now. I'm not sure if this exact problem has been noted before, but it sounds like we are allowing the torch function to work in-between turns. That should be a no-no.