Help Please! Very frustrated!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
dpd282
Initiate
Posts: 9
Joined: January 26th, 2008, 4:54 am

Help Please! Very frustrated!

Post by dpd282 »

Could someone be so kind as to email me with the answers to my following questions. Every thread I've looked in that has the answers I'm seeking deleted because it's a spoiler.

1. Where are the easter eggs? I've found the one in Elderhollow already.
2. What items go in the chests in the Ossuary?
3. Can I get to the Lighthouse before going through the South Gate? If
so, how?
4. Will minimum strength heal and strength potions work in the chests
in Shadowmirk?

I've already looked everywhere and tried everything I can think of. If no one wants to outright give me these answers, could someone give me some really strong hints please.

Thanks!!!

edit: Sorry...my email address is [email protected]
Last edited by dpd282 on January 26th, 2008, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]
Posts: 350
Joined: December 14th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Post by acoustibop »

The answer to Question 1 is the same as for the first question of Basilisk Wrangler's CD competition, dpd282, so I don't think you'll find anyone to tell until that's finished - at least, I sincerely hope so! ;)

As for your other questions (spoilers):
2. Look at the plaques above the chests. The answers are (in no particular order) Ash, a bludgeoning weapon, an Apple and - oh, can't remember the other one offhand. However, Ash seems to be the only one many people had trouble with - so read the plaques and you should be able to figure it out.

3 Yes, you can get to the Lighthouse without going through the South Gate, but it's in Crakamir, so you'll have to find an alternative way in - there are another two or three.

4. I think so. Why not try?
User avatar
Grue
Steward
Posts: 78
Joined: October 1st, 2007, 7:37 pm
Location: Lurking in the darkness

Post by Grue »

Adding to acoustibop's post...
For the question 2, the fourth item is a ring.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
dpd282
Initiate
Posts: 9
Joined: January 26th, 2008, 4:54 am

Post by dpd282 »

Hey, thanks guys for replying to my plea! But the quote boxes in your replies are showing to be empty on my computer. I'm I missing something here? Is there something I'm supposed to click to get these areas to show up?

edit: I understand about the eggs question. When is the contest over?
User avatar
Jude
Council Member
Posts: 186
Joined: July 13th, 2007, 9:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Jude »

Highlight the boxes by clicking and dragging your mouse over them. The text is in white so when the colored highlight is on it, the letters will be readable.

Jude

EDIT: The contest is supposed to be over on February 2nd, I think, because all the entries have to be in by the 31st and then BW will randomly pick from the correct ones on Feb 1st.
Last edited by Jude on January 26th, 2008, 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
dpd282
Initiate
Posts: 9
Joined: January 26th, 2008, 4:54 am

Post by dpd282 »

Thanks for the tip Jude. Your answer was the item I couldn't figure out. Now I feel like such an idiot! Thanks a bunch everyone!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]
Posts: 350
Joined: December 14th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Post by acoustibop »

Grue wrote:Adding to acoustibop's post...
For the question 2, the fourth item is a ring.
Thanks, Grue. Hopefully that gives good hints/answers for all dpd282's questions except the Easter Eggs one.
dpd282
Initiate
Posts: 9
Joined: January 26th, 2008, 4:54 am

Post by dpd282 »

Yes acoustibop, that got all of my questions answered. I really, really appreciate you, Grue, and Jude for answering me so quickly. It was a great help. In fact with Jude's tip I was able to even find the answer about those darn eggs now I'm up to level 16 and haven't finished the game yet.
I'm stuck in the Citadel now. Oh well, off to do some research before begging someone for mercy again. Take care everyone.
Post Reply