Sound bug, I think
Posted: January 21st, 2008, 6:59 am
In the Mac version, if you turn the Atmospheric Effects slider all the way to 0 (like I did in the Salted Areas because the bird screeches were driving me crazy), when you get into a fight, the sound for the Atmospheric Effects comes back on (through not too loudly) although the slider is still set at 0. I had to click on the slider again to stop the sounds. I noticed this several times, so I think it may be a bug throughout the game.
More info: If you also set the Music slider all the way to 0, in addition to setting the Atmospheric Effects slider to 0, the bug doesn't seem to occur after a fight. Or perhaps the Atmospheric Effects sound level sets itself to whatever level the music is at after a fight, while keeping the appearance of being set to 0?
Jude
EDIT: This should be in the Mac Support Forum. Mods, feel free to move it, although maybe it affects all 3 platforms.
More info: If you also set the Music slider all the way to 0, in addition to setting the Atmospheric Effects slider to 0, the bug doesn't seem to occur after a fight. Or perhaps the Atmospheric Effects sound level sets itself to whatever level the music is at after a fight, while keeping the appearance of being set to 0?
Jude
EDIT: This should be in the Mac Support Forum. Mods, feel free to move it, although maybe it affects all 3 platforms.