Page 1 of 1

"Strange Key" under Grimmhold(?)

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 2:13 am
by Martin
I killed a goblin when I was opening the water gates under Grimmhold (do Imean that place?) and he dropped a "strange key". I don't mean the blue key from the war lord - another one. Anyone know what it opens? I looked all round, I thought, but didn't see a door, a chest or...

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 5:16 am
by JoeSlow
I think, there are keys that aren't needed anywhere in this game.
There are stange keys, odd keys, rusty keys und many other. At the first time I played the game, I had at the end of the game 4 or 5 unused keys.
I thought, that might be, because I broke a lot of doors and chests with a weapon. But now, as I play the game a second time, I also have unused keys in my inventory.
So, perhaps there keys that you can't use anywhere.

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 8:00 am
by BasiliskWrangler
I would have to review the key log, but I believe every key goes to a locked door or chest- but as you point out JoeSlow, if you bash something open or pick the lock then the key does not get used.

how do the "extra" keys work?

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 1:39 pm
by strongmansampson
Usually it seems like the game automatically matches the key to the door, so why wouldn't it if you were picking a lock that you had the key for?

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 2:17 pm
by GryphonMD
Because by the time you've gotten the key, you've already destroyed the matching lock...
[GryphonMD]

door found.

Posted: January 15th, 2008, 6:54 pm
by Martin
Found it. I'd always picked the appropriate lock before so hadn't "found" it.