Page 2 of 2

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 2:34 pm
by silverkitty
I'm an old hand on the DROD forums, I've played the RPG all the way from start to finish. Yes - you get to a shop that lets you choose stats at some point, but you can't develop in your own way - you have to develop in the right way or fail to solve the puzzle. It's a puzzle game - you have to pick the right things to win.

A "role playing game" (RPG) lets you play any role. the DROD RPG lets you play the right role or fail.

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 4:38 pm
by xart2k
silverkitty wrote:I'm an old hand on the DROD forums, I've played the RPG all the way from start to finish. Yes - you get to a shop that lets you choose stats at some point, but you can't develop in your own way - you have to develop in the right way or fail to solve the puzzle. It's a puzzle game - you have to pick the right things to win.

A "role playing game" (RPG) lets you play any role. the DROD RPG lets you play the right role or fail.
I mean played the Book 2 as in a puzzle. It was not pleasant just you violently force to carry out quests what to get on island. Game to leave easy play without save/load only for this purpose what from game, and then to come. I hope in the book 3 all it will be much more difficult

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 6:18 pm
by ZoeyJeanne
[quote="Jedi_Learner"][quote="Randomizer"]

Right now, players that ignored/failed the puzzle on level three are being punished by not being allowed to leave Talushorn.

Ummmmmm . . . . what puzzle on level three? :oops:

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 6:33 pm
by Gorgon Rider
ZoeyJeanne wrote:Ummmmmm . . . . what puzzle on level three? :oops:
See the first post. :wink:

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 8:55 pm
by ZoeyJeanne
So, are you saying that the levers are a puzzle that will open the porticullis so that I can leave level 3 to level up/stock up on potions, etc and then come back?

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 9:21 pm
by Kreador Freeaxe
ZoeyJeanne wrote:So, are you saying that the levers are a puzzle that will open the porticullis so that I can leave level 3 to level up/stock up on potions, etc and then come back?
If you set the levers correctly, you can open the path further through Level 3 without letting the dragonels loose and without closing the entrance gate. Once you've stepped on the plate, though, all bets are off.

Re: Talushorn doors

Posted: June 10th, 2010, 10:17 pm
by ZoeyJeanne
Ahh-haa! thanks