I second the exploration part, that's my favorite part of an RPG, I love finding new interesting things. I think that's why I liked the Ultima series so much, wide open worlds where you can explore however you want to.
I assume you played Divine Divinity? It was a pretty good exploration game, pretty underated game I think.
I love finding stuff in the deep forest that you wouldn't expect, I really appreciate when a developer adds the little details like that.
Any news soon?
Re: Any news soon?
For sure agree with the divine divinity.
I actually had fun finding new areas in sacred 2 of all games...it has its moments.
Congtratz on your first kid Basilisk....wait till you have 3.
I hope you use RPGwatch they are a great site and pretty balanced (as in not insane) members.
Serioulsy can't wait to play part 2 and hope some of the suggestions got in.
I actually had fun finding new areas in sacred 2 of all games...it has its moments.
Congtratz on your first kid Basilisk....wait till you have 3.
I hope you use RPGwatch they are a great site and pretty balanced (as in not insane) members.
Serioulsy can't wait to play part 2 and hope some of the suggestions got in.
Re: Any news soon?
Dang, no news for a few days now.....
I fired up book 1 again last night and I just love the menu screen in the forrest. It really gives me a feeling of being in a deep dark forrest.
Thomas, Are you planning on doing a more elaborate intro for book II? Can I request you keep the Forrest background for the menu in Book II?
I fired up book 1 again last night and I just love the menu screen in the forrest. It really gives me a feeling of being in a deep dark forrest.
Thomas, Are you planning on doing a more elaborate intro for book II? Can I request you keep the Forrest background for the menu in Book II?
-
BasiliskWrangler
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3900
- Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
- Location: The Grid
- Contact:
Re: Any news soon?
News? You want news? Ok.
We have a new artist helping with some of the graphics. He has done previous work with Daggerfall, Morrowind, Dark Age of Camelot and several other titles. He has redesigned the nemesis faction of Book II- a race of creatures that are returning from Book I. Which creature could it be? We'll give you another hint when we redesign the Book II page sometime in the newt few months.
As for the intro, yes it will be more elaborate than Book I. Book II's menu screen is not the forest from Book I, but I think it's cooler, actually.
Very exciting and busy times here in the studio.
We have a new artist helping with some of the graphics. He has done previous work with Daggerfall, Morrowind, Dark Age of Camelot and several other titles. He has redesigned the nemesis faction of Book II- a race of creatures that are returning from Book I. Which creature could it be? We'll give you another hint when we redesign the Book II page sometime in the newt few months.
As for the intro, yes it will be more elaborate than Book I. Book II's menu screen is not the forest from Book I, but I think it's cooler, actually.
Very exciting and busy times here in the studio.
Re: Any news soon?
So you have brought in some additional talent? Excellent, Im curious to see how it turns out.
Are we talking about the Orakur maybe?
Im looking forward to seeng the new menu screen
It's funny, with some of the major studios making games, I think this is the one Im most excited about.
I know its way too soon to give a release date but would you say your on schedule? I thought you mentioned 2009, but can't recall if it was early\mid or late 2009 ETA. Do take your time and make the best game you can though.
Ok, I think Im done with questions for today.
Are we talking about the Orakur maybe?
Im looking forward to seeng the new menu screen
It's funny, with some of the major studios making games, I think this is the one Im most excited about.
I know its way too soon to give a release date but would you say your on schedule? I thought you mentioned 2009, but can't recall if it was early\mid or late 2009 ETA. Do take your time and make the best game you can though.
Ok, I think Im done with questions for today.
![Officer [Platinum Rank] Officer [Platinum Rank]](./images/ranks/officer4.png)
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)