How to get to Shadowmirk?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Post Reply
Warmskin
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: January 18th, 2008, 7:08 pm

How to get to Shadowmirk?

Post by Warmskin »

Or Loneloft for that matter? Or the Southern Gate? Some spoilers coming if you haven't gotten this far:

I've been thru the Ossuary and Obliette and I've also activated the portal in the Bordertown area. But, before I go all over the southern area of the game (or am I supposed to?), I'd like to know how to get to Shadowmirk because that's actually where I was told to go by my brother. If I'm supposed to just explore the entire south region first (all of Crakamir, Rotwood, and the Gulf of Madria), well, that's fine, but I'd like to know if this is what I should be doing at this point. I love this game but at certain times it does get a bit frustrating when you can't get to areas that are right next to you... Anyway, A few hints please... Thanks.
silverkitty
Senior Council Member
Posts: 243
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Post by silverkitty »

never bought one of those 10 coin maps, eh?

shadowmirk is directly east of bordertown (i.e. one map east of it, which is also two maps north of aridell, where you started).
you might need to explore a little to find a way in...
User avatar
Grue
Steward
Posts: 78
Joined: October 1st, 2007, 7:37 pm
Location: Lurking in the darkness

Post by Grue »

Getting into Shadowmirk...

HINT: If the front door is locked, maybe they've got a back door.

SPOILER:
Go east (right) of the main gate and find your way around the cluster of trees (going east, north, west) so that you arrive at the edge of the eastern wall of Shadowmirk, sandwitched between the wall and the water. Go north (up) and you'll find a back door, which is unlocked. Enter and you're in. Viola!
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Warmskin
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: January 18th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Post by Warmskin »

Well, of course I bought a map. When you enter that region it says 'entering northeast Thaermore' - nothing about Shadowmirk, which needs a sign maybe at the unpenetrable front gate saying that it was indeed Shadowmirk. I figured this was something for way later in the game. Thanks, though for the hints.
User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Post by Dragonlady »

Not sure, its been so long since I clicked on the conversation with the Mage shopkeeper in Blackwater, but he talks about Shadowmirk and tells you where it is. And as the others said, it is one map east of Bordertown map. :D
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]
Posts: 350
Joined: December 14th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Post by acoustibop »

The mage shopkeeper in Blackwater also tells you that the Guild members fled Thaermore and Erubor locked down the tower to protect the acolytes there - wouldn't really make sense to hang a sign out front saying "Shadowmirk - come on in, make yourself at home and slaughter the inhabitants" now, would it? :roll:
Post Reply