How hard is it?
How hard is it?
Just thought I would ask about it
. Until now I find okay. Sometimes I have to hack alot of easy salamenders, and other times I get my ass kicked by some other nasties
Just as it's supposed to be
..
For me it was relatively easy, but I've developed my Rogue into some kind of unstoppable holy warrior and have avoided to spread the skillpoints to wide. The low level Divination spells are very useful for a melee character. Heh, first time I used the overpowered Haste spell was against the endboss and I had no big problems before.
Edit: I voted "Just about right" - next time (when the next patch is out) I will try a more diversified char with lots of alchemy, spot hidden and other non combat skills.
Edit: I voted "Just about right" - next time (when the next patch is out) I will try a more diversified char with lots of alchemy, spot hidden and other non combat skills.
Last edited by Amasius on November 23rd, 2007, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
BasiliskWrangler
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3888
- Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
- Location: The Grid
- Contact:
Haste duration has been shortened a bit in 1.02. It's the same effect, but it doesn't last quite as long.
Last edited by BasiliskWrangler on November 23rd, 2007, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dragonlady
- Illustrious

- Posts: 1466
- Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
- Location: CA, USA or Knumythia
Just about right. At first it was a bit hard, but mostly it was having to learn the new system of doing things. Love that bow! Get them injured first and then kill them off with the sword.
I'm playing a Ranger Druid right now. Now I can hit those red salamanders once and the blood splatters. I do like that effect! 
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
-
realmzmaster
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 429
- Joined: November 21st, 2007, 7:32 pm
- Location: Chicago
The game balance is just right. As a beginning character you had to pick your battles and manage your money to survive. Avoiding creatures that could poison you if you did not have enough money for the priest or potion cure. Living with Dungeon Fever until you could afford the cure Selling that magic item that you found ( and desperately wanted to keep) to get the cure to save your life. Once I went up a few levels I was able to be a bit more adventureous. But, I like it! It is like an old glove it fits real well!
History is written by the winners!
-
BasiliskWrangler
- Site Admin
- Posts: 3888
- Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
- Location: The Grid
- Contact:
oops. I mainly concentrate on upping DEX (To HIT) then STR and SPEED, then END. And upping Sword/Light Armor/Dodge/Shield...BasiliskWrangler wrote:You know, I don't think pure fighter is really that hard: Dump lots of points in Strength and Endurance, max out Sword, Survival, Light & Heavy Armor, and Dodge- I can pretty much just roll through the game like this.
I don't need no stinkin' magick!
I feel the same way. I think it is more that people are unclear on how the skills work in game, that is what is making the game seem difficult. I'm at a point now (level 9), any new area I enter, the creatures there kick my behind. Playing up to level 9 was excruciating. hmmm. I think I screwed up my character development or something.YGSV3MiaC wrote: Pure fighter is really tough.
BasiliskWrangler wrote:You know, I don't think pure fighter is really that hard: Dump lots of points in Strength and Endurance, max out Sword, Survival, Light & Heavy Armor, and Dodge- I can pretty much just roll through the game like this.
I don't need no stinkin' magick!
Hmm, what's your definition of 'max out'? I guess I may be missing out on Dodge and Survival .. Str and End are up over 20 .. although swords is only about 5.
My mapping is pretty damn good though. 8>.
-
Opunaesala
- Apprentice
- Posts: 33
- Joined: November 19th, 2007, 2:22 am
Thank you. I re-rolled a new character following this advice.. and NOW I see what I was doing wrong. heh.BasiliskWrangler wrote:You know, I don't think pure fighter is really that hard: Dump lots of points in Strength and Endurance, max out Sword, Survival, Light & Heavy Armor, and Dodge- I can pretty much just roll through the game like this.