There's more than one way to make that gate go down. That should help you with the trap.
How to break rock in schalon book 2
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: How to break rock in schalon book 2
John,
There's more than one way to make that gate go down. That should help you with the trap.
There's more than one way to make that gate go down. That should help you with the trap.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re: How to break rock in schalon book 2
I'm a bit disappointed that putting a barrel on the trap was not sufficient (and then blowing it up with fire dart). (I did not go back but I saw the faq which basically said to do what i did but then use the switch to lower the gate on teh barrel).
Thanks folks. I think I will explore more and try to get a bit higher. I suspect my character is not well built. Right now I'm looking for a snow pup and then I will go back and kill more beetles (I think I need 23 and only found 8 so far). Mostly I'm trying to raise perception with a little endurance to increase mana regen and get a bit more hp. Might be a bad strrategy
Thanks folks. I think I will explore more and try to get a bit higher. I suspect my character is not well built. Right now I'm looking for a snow pup and then I will go back and kill more beetles (I think I need 23 and only found 8 so far). Mostly I'm trying to raise perception with a little endurance to increase mana regen and get a bit more hp. Might be a bad strrategy
Re: How to break rock in schalon book 2
To be fair, until the portcullis is lowered, it's theoretically safely tucked away in the rock on the ceiling. A blast in the hallway on its own probably wouldn't be enough to do anything to it. :)john wrote:I'm a bit disappointed that putting a barrel on the trap was not sufficient (and then blowing it up with fire dart).
That tends to be the case for most people's first characters. My first Book 1 mage was a mess; I'm surprised I made it through with him.I suspect my character is not well built.
Nah, pumping points into Perception, as a mage, is definitely the way to go. Endurance certainly doesn't hurt either, though definitely favor perception for now.Mostly I'm trying to raise perception with a little endurance to increase mana regen and get a bit more hp. Might be a bad strrategy :(
-
fudgemaster
- Apprentice
- Posts: 25
- Joined: December 29th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Re: How to break rock in schalon book 2
Fire. Camp. Repeat. Barrel will die. Use your strong spells to destroy it because you can just camp and get your mana back. Be sure to upgrade what level of spell you are using.
