Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
JoyMan
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: August 14th, 2010, 11:45 am

Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by JoyMan »

First off, great, awesome game. Exactly what I've been searching for in the past few years. Hope to see more and will gladly pay - even got my co-worker hooked at his house.

Now, I'm at the end. I was a little drunk last time I played and forgot some details when I started this final stretch today. So I put the viewing glass in my chest at my house because I forgot I was supposed to use it to summon my buddy at the end. I'm locked in the room with 8 switches and can go backward no further (I can get to the crux of ages, just not backward to be clear).

Am I an idiot, or is there no way to open that door again? Am I unable to finish the game? I can't seem to do it ... If I can't open it, I'm just gonna look up the ending scene in Youtube or something.
JoyMan
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: August 14th, 2010, 11:45 am

Re: Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by JoyMan »

Thank you. I can't figure out how to see what version I'm playing, but since I can't leave I guess it's 1.03. I'll go from there, thanks.
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by IJBall »

JoyMan wrote:Thank you. I can't figure out how to see what version I'm playing, but since I can't leave I guess it's 1.03. I'll go from there, thanks.
If you look at the bottom of the Main Menu screen, the version number is listed there. :)
User avatar
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 777
Joined: August 21st, 2008, 2:54 pm

Re: Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by xolotl »

The door you're talking about should remain open so long as you don't end up releasing the Pyrus Dragonels, but if they did get sprung on you, then there's no way to get the door open again, regardless of what version you're playing.

You could use my character editor to add the viewing glass back into your inventory, if you want - if you didn't want to do it yourself, you could just send me your "char" file and I could add it for you if you want. The values you'd want are:

Main Tab
---------
Name: Strange Viewing Glass
Category: Special
Subcategory: (none)
Picture ID: 60
Weight: 0.1
Visibility: 1

Misc Attributes Tab
-------------------
Number in Stack: 1
Action Script: msg (When you hold the Viewing Glass to your eye the world appears prismatic and sparkling.) ; special_event 3
User avatar
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 777
Joined: August 21st, 2008, 2:54 pm

Re: Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by xolotl »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Version 1.04 modifies the wooden lever at the back of the room you can only enter if you fail the puzzle. It now opens the gate blocking you from leaving Talushorn.
Oh! I missed that! Good to know.

Of course, if he's on 1.03 then it wouldn't help 'cause the map would be already been "frozen" in the savegame slot, so it wouldn't pick up the new lever.
JoyMan
Pledge
Posts: 3
Joined: August 14th, 2010, 11:45 am

Re: Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by JoyMan »

Well thank you all for the help. I was able to put that item back into my inventory with the character editor. Kinda upset for doing that and having to modify a file to beat the game, but I put 23 hours into it haha.

I do have v1.03 in Steam and wonder why Steam doesn't have the update, but oh well.

The moral of this story is don't drink and game. At least not during critical main story quests where you read a lot. :?
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Ending problem (SPOILERS)

Post by Rowanas »

The Devil's Nectar strikes again, robbing another player of their senses and their quest-critical items!
Post Reply