I love this game... very stable. Except now that whenever I try to enter Westwillow from beneath the dam, the game quits suddenly on me. I've been to Westwillow a few times earlier in the game and I was returning to hopefully finish it off but now the map's corrupted or something
Game crash entering West Willow!
Game crash entering West Willow!
Hi. First time poster.
I love this game... very stable. Except now that whenever I try to enter Westwillow from beneath the dam, the game quits suddenly on me. I've been to Westwillow a few times earlier in the game and I was returning to hopefully finish it off but now the map's corrupted or something
. Anyone else have this problem?
I love this game... very stable. Except now that whenever I try to enter Westwillow from beneath the dam, the game quits suddenly on me. I've been to Westwillow a few times earlier in the game and I was returning to hopefully finish it off but now the map's corrupted or something
-
Painted Lady
- Lieutenant

- Posts: 811
- Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 4:09 pm
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
What version of the game are you playing?
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
Painted Lady wrote:What version of the game are you playing?
Version 1.03 (STEAM).
That's not the latest version is it. I have it set to update automatically. Has Steam not updated to the latest version?
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
Last report I heard, Steam was still lagging behind. Still, I had thought that the Westwillow bug was just something on Linux...Drizzt_79 wrote:Version 1.03 (STEAM).
That's not the latest version is it. I have it set to update automatically. Has Steam not updated to the latest version?
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
I use the same steam version and was able to enter without problems.
So I guess its not a 1.03 to 1.04 problem.
So I guess its not a 1.03 to 1.04 problem.
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
Did you get an access violation message? I've had those a few times at different places, don't know what causes it.
I deleted my game and reinstalled from the download or CD to get rid of it. I don't know what Steam is - although I've heard about it - so I don't know whether such a thing is possible for you. If you can somehow manage, it's best to back up your saves; they should survive, but better safe than sorry.
Westwillow had indeed a bug in the Linux version, as somewhere the 'W' was recorded as a 'w'. But that can't be your problem, because you're saying you've been in a few times already.
I deleted my game and reinstalled from the download or CD to get rid of it. I don't know what Steam is - although I've heard about it - so I don't know whether such a thing is possible for you. If you can somehow manage, it's best to back up your saves; they should survive, but better safe than sorry.
Westwillow had indeed a bug in the Linux version, as somewhere the 'W' was recorded as a 'w'. But that can't be your problem, because you're saying you've been in a few times already.
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
If the game is quitting, that sounds like a corrupted file. You may have to remove the westwillow maps from your saved game directory and restart. The game will generate new maps and you should be able to enter, but you will get extra loot and experience as everything will be back to its original starting state (all the undead back to undeath). http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... =12&t=3269 will tell you where to find the saved game folders. Quick Save is slot 1. There should be three files that start with westwillow (it may be capitalized in your version). Put those in the trash and restart the game.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:If the game is quitting, that sounds like a corrupted file. You may have to remove the westwillow maps from your saved game directory and restart. The game will generate new maps and you should be able to enter, but you will get extra loot and experience as everything will be back to its original starting state (all the undead back to undeath). http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... =12&t=3269 will tell you where to find the saved game folders. Quick Save is slot 1. There should be three files that start with westwillow (it may be capitalized in your version). Put those in the trash and restart the game.
Thanks everybody for the responses. I was able to reset the map using Kreador's method which means that I will have to start Westwillow over again, but my character needs all the experience he can get
-
Evnissyen
- Captain

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: July 7th, 2008, 12:28 pm
- Location: Elizabeth Warren Land
- Contact:
Re: Game crash entering West Willow!
Agreed. Magic is for wimps.Drizzt_79 wrote:He's a pure rogue and I have decided not to give him any magical ability at all
Eh... except for that glowing thing over my character's head. Ahem.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.