Stuck in Talushorn
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Stuck in Talushorn
I'm stuck in Talushorn level IV! Gate closed behind me, another closed gate is in fron of me, and then there are two side portals, each with a strange machine and a closed door.
There are paintings on the wall, but nothing gives me much of a clue of how to get on from here. I'm probably missing something.
There are paintings on the wall, but nothing gives me much of a clue of how to get on from here. I'm probably missing something.
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Get all cave-man on the strange machines.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Don't set off barrels next to them. I tried blowing up powder kegs, but for some reason it didn't work. Bug, perhaps. A fire dart did the trick though.
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Must have been a bug for you, because that's exactly how I did it in my first play-through. I wasn't convinced they wouldn't shower me with sparks.Rowanas wrote:Don't set off barrels next to them. I tried blowing up powder kegs, but for some reason it didn't work. Bug, perhaps. A fire dart did the trick though.
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
I am now, but my first play-through (when I used the kegs) was on 1.03.Rowanas wrote:Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I am now, but my first play-through (when I used the kegs) was on 1.03.Rowanas wrote:Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
-
Kreador Freeaxe
- Major General

- Posts: 2469
- Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Hmmm. Neither of my two characters I've finished the game with in 1.04 kept any kegs around for the 4th floor (Yeah, I like blowing things up, so what?). Perhaps somebody else has an endgame 1.04 character with some powder kegs left who can test this.Rowanas wrote:Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.Kreador Freeaxe wrote:I am now, but my first play-through (when I used the kegs) was on 1.03.Rowanas wrote:Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
---
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
The control panels are quite keggable in Linux 1.04, FWIW. They're quite flimsy, just about anything can destroy them.Rowanas wrote:Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
Well, this is what confused me and prompted a new thread by me a while ago. I kegged them first, but got nothing. Eventually I tried a fire bolt out of frustration and that did the trick.xolotl wrote:The control panels are quite keggable in Linux 1.04, FWIW. They're quite flimsy, just about anything can destroy them.Rowanas wrote:Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.
-
Randomizer
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1469
- Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
- Location: Wandering the Rift
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
I just whacked it with my hand like my father used to do to old vacuum tube TVs and the problem went away. 
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: Stuck in Talushorn
I think my character lost about five experience levels, but that did the trick! I hadn't expected a solution so basic.Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Get all cave-man on the strange machines.
Strange that some people - or was it just one - got in such a fit over these machines, and complaining about Eschalon going SF.
There's probably every chance that Book III will see more SF, and I wouldn't be complaining. That's all within the rules of fantasy. Eschalon doesn't have a real world historical setting anyway; the names of armour suggests something late medieval, the existence of sewers suggests something far more modern, also portraits and outfits look modern. Anything can pop up in this world.
You can say there's a lack of coherency in the styling of the game world, if you really want to be picky.
