Stuck in Talushorn

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]
Posts: 460
Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
Location: NW Europe

Stuck in Talushorn

Post by KillingMoon »

I'm stuck in Talushorn level IV! Gate closed behind me, another closed gate is in fron of me, and then there are two side portals, each with a strange machine and a closed door.
There are paintings on the wall, but nothing gives me much of a clue of how to get on from here. I'm probably missing something.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Get all cave-man on the strange machines.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Rowanas »

Don't set off barrels next to them. I tried blowing up powder kegs, but for some reason it didn't work. Bug, perhaps. A fire dart did the trick though.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Rowanas wrote:Don't set off barrels next to them. I tried blowing up powder kegs, but for some reason it didn't work. Bug, perhaps. A fire dart did the trick though.
Must have been a bug for you, because that's exactly how I did it in my first play-through. I wasn't convinced they wouldn't shower me with sparks. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Rowanas »

Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Rowanas wrote:Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
I am now, but my first play-through (when I used the kegs) was on 1.03.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Rowanas »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Rowanas wrote:Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
I am now, but my first play-through (when I used the kegs) was on 1.03.
Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Rowanas wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:
Rowanas wrote:Kreador, are you playing 1.04, Mac OS version?
I am now, but my first play-through (when I used the kegs) was on 1.03.
Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.
Hmmm. Neither of my two characters I've finished the game with in 1.04 kept any kegs around for the 4th floor (Yeah, I like blowing things up, so what?). Perhaps somebody else has an endgame 1.04 character with some powder kegs left who can test this.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 777
Joined: August 21st, 2008, 2:54 pm

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by xolotl »

Rowanas wrote:Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.
The control panels are quite keggable in Linux 1.04, FWIW. They're quite flimsy, just about anything can destroy them.
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Rowanas »

xolotl wrote:
Rowanas wrote:Well, when you reach the same spot, try kegging the control panels and tell me how it goes.
The control panels are quite keggable in Linux 1.04, FWIW. They're quite flimsy, just about anything can destroy them.
Well, this is what confused me and prompted a new thread by me a while ago. I kegged them first, but got nothing. Eventually I tried a fire bolt out of frustration and that did the trick.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1469
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 6:51 am
Location: Wandering the Rift

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by Randomizer »

I just whacked it with my hand like my father used to do to old vacuum tube TVs and the problem went away. :)
User avatar
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]
Posts: 460
Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
Location: NW Europe

Re: Stuck in Talushorn

Post by KillingMoon »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Get all cave-man on the strange machines.
I think my character lost about five experience levels, but that did the trick! I hadn't expected a solution so basic.
Strange that some people - or was it just one - got in such a fit over these machines, and complaining about Eschalon going SF.
There's probably every chance that Book III will see more SF, and I wouldn't be complaining. That's all within the rules of fantasy. Eschalon doesn't have a real world historical setting anyway; the names of armour suggests something late medieval, the existence of sewers suggests something far more modern, also portraits and outfits look modern. Anything can pop up in this world.
You can say there's a lack of coherency in the styling of the game world, if you really want to be picky.
Post Reply