Bug?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
Luigi64
Initiate
Posts: 8
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 5:30 am

Bug?

Post by Luigi64 »

Eschalon wiki says you get 1HP/10 STR and 1HP/5 END

I have 14 Endurance and 14 Strength (which should be 3HP/lvl up), and I'm only getting 2 HP per lvl up

Version 1.04
Class: Magick User
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Bug?

Post by Rowanas »

It may be that the game takes the total of your scores and divides it by the total of the dividing numbers, so you would be getting 28/15 = 2(rounded to nearest).

It's how a few other things work, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Luigi64
Initiate
Posts: 8
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 5:30 am

Re: Bug?

Post by Luigi64 »

Okay thanks 8) another really weird thing happened too

I did some quests and got 2 lvl ups in like 5 mins so I used them both at once, I put all the 6 attribute points to Endurance and got 9 HP lvls (4.5 per level with 20 END and 14 STR)?

edit:wait it can't be 14+14/15 because at 15 endurance and 14 strength I will get 3HP/level up :?
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: Bug?

Post by Rowanas »

The first issue has me stumped. There's no way I can make that maths work.

As far as 14+15/15 goes, that's still 2hp/level. If you mean that you actually tried putting one more into endurance and got 3hp/level, I'm completely unsure. Got no clue.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Bug?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The program uses Integers for these calculations. It doesn't add up fractions. So your Strength anywhere between 10 and 19 will give you 1 HP per level-up and your End anywhere between 10 and 14 will give you 2 so you should have been getting 3 per level to start. Not sure why you weren't unless there's a minimum I'm missing. As for the double level-up giving you 9, that sounds like it calculate that the XP from the first level-up made your End 17 (for +3 HP) and the second at 20 (for +4) giving you 4 HP for the first level and 5 HP for the second. I didn't think that was the way the level-up worked, though. My recollection was that if you dump it all in at once, you should get the increased value times the number of levels.

Any of the real Stat-heads out there have a better explanation for what's going on?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Bug?

Post by IJBall »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Any of the real Stat-heads out there have a better explanation for what's going on?
Sure - this will help (it's for Book I, but I think it mostly applies the same to Book II unless you do weird things like level-up two levels at once...)

The original poster needs to get to END=15 and STR=14 to get +3 HP per turn for a Mage.

And END=20 with STR=14 should get you +4 HP per turn (for a Mage), so I'm not sure how +4.5 HP for the two turns was generated. (But when I did two level-ups at once, I once got +25 HP (+12.5 HP per level), so with multiple level-ups, weird things do seem to happen...)
Luigi64
Initiate
Posts: 8
Joined: July 26th, 2010, 5:30 am

Re: Bug?

Post by Luigi64 »

Thanks for the answers :) I used to get 3HP/lvl in version 1.01 so I guess it was changed so STR gives you 1HP per 20 lvls as a mage in v1.04, that would make sense to me
Post Reply