I'm playing on a G4 Mac in 10.4.11 using control click as the right mouse button.
When I try to use Lore on an object, specifically either Auricflax or Ectoplasm, the item is not identified; but Alchemy opens and it is placed in one of the reagent windows, where it is usable even though still unidentified.
any thoughts?
'nother Lore Question
Re: 'nother Lore Question
Well, I reported this as a bug about a month ago. Such a behaviour (unidentified reagents used in production of identified potions) was already present in Book I; I hope it will be fixed.
A different point is that you don't "use" the Lore skill; simply, the game checks if your Lore is high enough and determines whether you know what the given item is. It's a "passive" skill. On the other hand, the spell "Lore" is a different matter - you cast, after readying it, with a right-click on the identified item.
A different point is that you don't "use" the Lore skill; simply, the game checks if your Lore is high enough and determines whether you know what the given item is. It's a "passive" skill. On the other hand, the spell "Lore" is a different matter - you cast, after readying it, with a right-click on the identified item.
Re: 'nother Lore Question
Right, sorry: I meant Lore Spell. And when I switched to a mouse, the problem went away.
Re: 'nother Lore Question
Without a Mouse, you have to Control-click an item on a Mac when the Lore spell is activated to ID it. And the item will only be ID'ed if the Lore spell is cast at a high enough Level.jwrickert wrote:Right, sorry: I meant Lore Spell. And when I switched to a mouse, the problem went away.
Re: 'nother Lore Question
Oh, if you mean the spell: there's another bug in the game which opens the alchemy window instead of casting Lore after a right-click (with the Lore spell readied). It happened to me twice. Saving and reloading the game helped in both cases.
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Re: 'nother Lore Question
Make sure you check that you have enough mana available to cast the spell... I did that a few times... 0_o
