Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by IJBall »

So I just finished the game, but I've got a question:

Once you get into the main chamber on Level 4 of Talushorn - where General Ghorr and his taurax goons are hanging out - the gate slams shut behind you.

Is there anyway to open either of the (exit) gates back up once you've dispatched Ghorr and his goons?

I've looked around for a lever to open up either the gate you came in through, or the 'main' gate, and I haven't found one.

It kind of takes away the fun of finding those bars of Mithril and Gold if there's no way to get them out of there and sell them... :( :wink:

(P.S. It's also a drag you can't grab the Crux of Ages - I was actually going to grab that and hightail it out of there with both Cruxes!! 8) )
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Image

When you pass this gate you cannot leave Talushorn. You might be able to use the elemental spell Portal, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that Talushorn is surrounded by a magickal barrier to stop you from using this particular spell.

Can anyone confirm this, preferably with a screenshot?
Didn't take a screen shot of it, but once you pass the trap room with all of the dragonels you cannot use Portal. I know, I tried. It says that there is some sort of magic dampener in the area. Perhaps after you destroy the machines holding the doors into the final room shut you can (I never tried at that point, just blasted through whatever was left).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by SpottedShroom »

I was kind of surprised Portal worked at all in Talushorn, to be honest. There are lots of other (annoying!) places where Portal doesn't work that make a lot less sense than Talushorn.
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

SpottedShroom wrote:I was kind of surprised Portal worked at all in Talushorn, to be honest. There are lots of other (annoying!) places where Portal doesn't work that make a lot less sense than Talushorn.
I didn't find the spell scroll until I got to Picaroon Isle, so I didn't notice it anywhere else. It really does save on the wear-and-tear on the shoes, though. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by SpottedShroom »

Spell availability is probably the biggest variable when you're playing as a mage. I found Portal very early and used it often, but didn't get Ice Lance (or even Abyssal Freeze) until late.
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:Spell availability is probably the biggest variable when you're playing as a mage. I found Portal very early and used it often, but didn't get Ice Lance (or even Abyssal Freeze) until late.
And this is one of those things that I feel Book I handled better.

But I liked that, in Book I, many of the merchants seemed to have a certain (small) amount of "set items" that were always for sale (esp. spells). I don't think I've seen any of that in Book II.

I think I'd like to see Book III go back to more of the "set sales items" with merchants...
silverkitty
Senior Council Member
Posts: 243
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Talushorn, Level 4 Question (definite SPOILERS)

Post by silverkitty »

There are perm items in the shops -- but they're mostly arrows, healing and mana potions, lock picks, and food (depending on the kind of shop). The only guaranteed spell is compress atmosphere in Everdale.
Post Reply