wolf pups

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
mgbmgb
Steward
Posts: 63
Joined: May 19th, 2010, 12:54 am

wolf pups

Post by mgbmgb »

completed 'kid'napping wolf pup and delivered it, if i go back and kidnap the rest will all the wolves invade dunmore?
silverkitty
Senior Council Member
Posts: 243
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: wolf pups

Post by silverkitty »

Nothing untoward happens if you clear out the nest (and kill the pack leader) after the quest is done.
User avatar
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1372
Joined: June 4th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Re: wolf pups

Post by SpottedShroom »

Oh man, that would be AWESOME!

Probably not, though. As usual, stupid dwarves don't know what they're talking about. After all, they said I'd die in the mines!
mgbmgb
Steward
Posts: 63
Joined: May 19th, 2010, 12:54 am

Re: wolf pups

Post by mgbmgb »

awesome, love that word, has anybody killed the pack yet?
User avatar
Gorgon Rider
Marshall
Posts: 100
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada

Re: wolf pups

Post by Gorgon Rider »

I did the quest, then went back and killed the big mama wolf and took the pups. Sold the pups to the merchant in Durnore. No ill effects.
User avatar
Oshkell
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 54
Joined: June 6th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Re: wolf pups

Post by Oshkell »

Did you sell the pups just about as soon as you came into town? I'm here to tell you, the wolf invasion is real! :D

This is what I did - completed the quest the way you are "supposed" to. Just got 1 puppy and turned him in. Then I went back, killed all the wolves I could find, including Shebara. I took all remaining pups, and proceeded back towards the dwarf's throne room. The result is as you see. I regret to inform you that no dwarves were actually killed as a result, because... well... I wanted the xp. :)
Attachments
Wolfinvasion1.JPG
Wolfinvasion1.JPG (119.37 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
Wolfinvasion2.JPG
Wolfinvasion2.JPG (113.42 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
I listen,
I laugh,
I think for a while
As I sit in the dark
And smile.
User avatar
Gorgon Rider
Marshall
Posts: 100
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 1:42 pm
Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada

Re: wolf pups

Post by Gorgon Rider »

Wow. No, I went back long after completing the quest. I wonder if that makes a difference, because I never noticed a wolf invasion.
Rowanas
Council Member
Posts: 183
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: wolf pups

Post by Rowanas »

Heh. I just did that quest, took all the pups first time and dumped them in a barrel until I had finished the quest, then took them all out of the barrel and sold them off for a tidy profit.
User avatar
Rebelicious
Steward
Posts: 71
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Re: wolf pups

Post by Rebelicious »

I took only one pup and did the quest. Then I went back, took another pup, and went home.

Image

I keep him in my drawer. I've named him Sock.

Because it's my Sock drawer.
User avatar
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]
Posts: 460
Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
Location: NW Europe

Re: wolf pups

Post by KillingMoon »

You do realize you now regularly need to return home to check on him, feed him, house train him and all that?
User avatar
Rebelicious
Steward
Posts: 71
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 7:03 pm

Re: wolf pups

Post by Rebelicious »

KillingMoon wrote:You do realize you now regularly need to return home to check on him, feed him, house train him and all that?
I have a portal set to my home. :mrgreen:
Post Reply