I was messing around with my armor and I noticed that when I took of my steel light armor, which weighs 10 lbs...my tohit went up by 5! I tried removing other pieces of armor but saw no effect.
my heaviest other piece of light armor is only six lbs.
what is the relationship of light armor wearing to your to hit ratio?
light armor and to hit rating
-
kelticpete
- Council Member
- Posts: 163
- Joined: May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm
- Location: USA
light armor and to hit rating
Pax,
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
-
KillingMoon
- Officer [Gold Rank]
![Officer [Gold Rank] Officer [Gold Rank]](./images/ranks/officer3.png)
- Posts: 460
- Joined: December 10th, 2009, 6:34 pm
- Location: NW Europe
Re: light armor and to hit rating
Just a guess, but could it be that there is not so much a direct relationship between your armour and your to-hit rating, but between encumberment and your to-hit rating?
Were you encumbered with the steel armour? I'm sure there are players here that would know more about these mechanics.
Were you encumbered with the steel armour? I'm sure there are players here that would know more about these mechanics.
-
kelticpete
- Council Member
- Posts: 163
- Joined: May 25th, 2010, 2:47 pm
- Location: USA
Re: light armor and to hit rating
Think u r right I had a lot of loot from a dungeon
Pax,
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Pete
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Re: light armor and to hit rating
When you pick up an item in your inventory, whether it be in your backpack or on your body, the game temporarily subtracts the weight of the item from your total carried. If you were encumbered (which gives you ToHit penalties), picking up a piece of armor might have reduced your weight enought to remove the ToHit penalty (temporarily). Unless you actually toss the item, your ToHit goes back to were it was when you place the item back in your inventory.