"Skill Feat Riposte"?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
ZoeyJeanne
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 43
Joined: August 1st, 2008, 9:29 pm

"Skill Feat Riposte"?

Post by ZoeyJeanne »

What is that??? Suddenly I have, in the area which shows little boxes for currently active spells and potions, "Skill Feat Riposte." What the heck is that, and where did it come from?
- If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.[/b]
Elwro
Senior Steward
Posts: 97
Joined: December 25th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Re: "Skill Feat Riposte"?

Post by Elwro »

You advanced your skill in Swords up to 10 or more. Now (from time to time) you can attack with Shift-click and hit more than one enemy. That's not all, read the manual for details :-)
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: "Skill Feat Riposte"?

Post by IJBall »

Elwro wrote:You advanced your skill in Swords up to 10 or more. Now (from time to time) you can attack with Shift-click and hit more than one enemy. That's not all, read the manual for details :-)
Actually, what' you're describing is Skill Feat: Great Cleave.

Skill Feat: Riposte means that you automatically hit (for extra damage?...) your intended target, and any follow-up attacks on you are not only a guaranteed fail but also do damage to the attacker!

I've only played a little bit with Riposte with my (currently abandoned) first Fighter character, but I didn't find it as great a deal as I hoped I would... :|
ZoeyJeanne
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 43
Joined: August 1st, 2008, 9:29 pm

Re: "Skill Feat Riposte"?

Post by ZoeyJeanne »

Nifty. Thanks.
- If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.[/b]
Elwro
Senior Steward
Posts: 97
Joined: December 25th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Re: "Skill Feat Riposte"?

Post by Elwro »

Thanks for the clarification, IJBall! I mixed these two up...
Post Reply