Hammerlorne SPOILERS: Hey! I Wish You Guys Had...!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
IJBall
Major
Major
Posts: 1686
Joined: August 31st, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: Southern California

Hammerlorne SPOILERS: Hey! I Wish You Guys Had...!

Post by IJBall »

Hey, so I finally just finished up Hammerlorne, and got the (new) Crux! But I wish some of guys had warned me!! going in that:

1) I was going to need a big stockpile of food! (Actually, I probably should have figured out that one myself!... :oops: ) And,

2) That I was going to need so many Lock Picks!! :shock:

So, did I totally mess Hammerlorne up?! Is there no other way to get through it but to have, 1) a (relatively) high Pick Locks skill, and 2) lots of Lock Picks? Or did I miss some vital key (besides the Security Key...) somewhere?...

If the former, I think Hammerlorne is a little unfair to non-rogue characters - I prefer it when there's more than one way to solve something, and I kind of feel like Hammerlorne left my non-rogue focused, non-magic-using focused Fighter a little high and dry, having to use Skill points on Pick Locks that I otherwise would have spent elsewhere...

Oh, well, at least I finally got through it! :)
User avatar
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate
Posts: 1473
Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Re: Hammerlorne SPOILERS: Hey! I Wish You Guys Had...!

Post by CrazyBernie »

I had no problems with a Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Mage, or Ranger... only the rogue had lockpicks.

Locked Doors/Chests were either bashed or blown up.
Post Reply