Flasks?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
Nephrinn
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Flasks?

Post by Nephrinn »

Is there a special place where you buy flasks because I've pumped all these skill points into alchemy and foraging and literally have components weighing me down and no flasks whatsoever. Sure, I might find one or two when I'm browsing around the stores, but that's just too few for the time invested in doing such a thing. So, where are the flasks?
User avatar
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 47
Joined: May 31st, 2009, 5:45 am

Re: Flasks?

Post by Drixx »

Nephrinn wrote:Is there a special place where you buy flasks because I've pumped all these skill points into alchemy and foraging and literally have components weighing me down and no flasks whatsoever. Sure, I might find one or two when I'm browsing around the stores, but that's just too few for the time invested in doing such a thing. So, where are the flasks?
Well,

throughout the game you will loot and/or purchase various potions ... be it health or mana or detox, etc... when you use those, you get an empty flask as a result. So, the way to get more, if you need more, is to go buy low level cheap potions, drink them as needed, and then do your alchemy to fill them up with what you want to drink.
User avatar
Apoteos
Steward
Posts: 63
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:13 am
Location: Sweden, Lund

Re: Flasks?

Post by Apoteos »

I usually loot / buy a few flasks with potions in them until I get enough flasks so that I drink potions about as fast as I create new ones, thus "recycling" the flasks again and again.

I usually have about 30 - 50 flasks in the endgame depending how much I depend on magic / alchemy. This is often more of a burden than anything else, but I prefer to be on the safe side when playing hardcore :wink:
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
Nephrinn
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Re: Flasks?

Post by Nephrinn »

Drixx wrote:
Nephrinn wrote:Is there a special place where you buy flasks because I've pumped all these skill points into alchemy and foraging and literally have components weighing me down and no flasks whatsoever. Sure, I might find one or two when I'm browsing around the stores, but that's just too few for the time invested in doing such a thing. So, where are the flasks?
Well,

throughout the game you will loot and/or purchase various potions ... be it health or mana or detox, etc... when you use those, you get an empty flask as a result. So, the way to get more, if you need more, is to go buy low level cheap potions, drink them as needed, and then do your alchemy to fill them up with what you want to drink.
I don't know why I didn't think of that. That pretty much solves my problem then, thanks!
silverkitty
Senior Council Member
Posts: 243
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: Flasks?

Post by silverkitty »

Ironically, if you buy cheap potions for the purposes of emptying them to get more flasks to actually perform more alchemy, you lose the Alchemist title :)
The Alchemist shops should definitely stock more empties.
Post Reply