Start with Book2 although not finished Book1?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Post Reply
User avatar
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 57
Joined: May 16th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Location: Waterdeep

Start with Book2 although not finished Book1?

Post by cal1s »

Hi everyone,

I've been a die-hard old-school CRPGamer and I just love what Basilisk Games have done with Eschalon. However, I was wondering if it's ok to play Book2 although not finished (and not really played) Book1?

Book1 did interest me a lot back when it was released. But due to lack of free time back then I couldn't pick up really. Now with Book2 released I immediately payed for it and really plan to play this one. But I do not want to ruin my fun. Should I play Book1 first or does it not matter?

Due to some changes in Book2 and the overall better graphics I'd prefer to play Book2 first. Just like I did with Baldur's Gate. I finished part 2 first and then played part 1. Don't ask me why. It just happened. When I heard about Baldur's Gate the second part was about to be released and somehow I decided to play that one first ...

Looking forward to your answers ...

Cheers
User avatar
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General
Posts: 2469
Joined: April 26th, 2008, 4:44 pm

Re: Start with Book2 although not finished Book1?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

There is absolutely no reason not to play the games out of order. Everything you need to know about Book I's story is available early in Book II, and you start with a blank-slate character again, not loading your character from Book I, so you're not losing out on levels or anything else.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
User avatar
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 57
Joined: May 16th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Location: Waterdeep

Re: Start with Book2 although not finished Book1?

Post by cal1s »

Thank you for your quick response. So it is not possible to import your character from Book1?
User avatar
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious
Posts: 1466
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Location: CA, USA or Knumythia

Re: Start with Book2 although not finished Book1?

Post by Dragonlady »

cal1s wrote:Thank you for your quick response. So it is not possible to import your character from Book1?
That is correct, no carry over from Book 1. You do get the chance to be female instead of a lone male this time around. They give to reason, just assume you were female last time but in disquise so to speak. :lol:

It is fun to finish Book1 but not necessary. There are some characters from Book 1 that show up in Book2.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
User avatar
cal1s
Fellowcraft Apprentice
Posts: 57
Joined: May 16th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Location: Waterdeep

Re: Start with Book2 although not finished Book1?

Post by cal1s »

Thank y'all. I already rolled my evil rogue type o character and am looking forward experiencing his adventures ;)
Post Reply