It's probably the most immersive and one of the most polished free/amateur crpgs I've ever played. Of course that's probably not saying much... but hey, I still like it.
For the old school console RPG fans...
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
For the old school console RPG fans...
You should try Everlong
It's probably the most immersive and one of the most polished free/amateur crpgs I've ever played. Of course that's probably not saying much... but hey, I still like it.
It's probably the most immersive and one of the most polished free/amateur crpgs I've ever played. Of course that's probably not saying much... but hey, I still like it.
-
MegaHassan
- Steward
- Posts: 69
- Joined: July 16th, 2008, 8:21 am
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Pretty cool. I'd still take Aveyond over this game, though. but yeah, thanks for the link
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Awesome.....please post more links of this ilk as you come across them. Never even heard of this! 
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=395.0 What I'm trying to accomplish in life.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Hmmm. Not a huge fan of Japanese styled RPGs, but I'll give this a shot anyway. Thanks for the link.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Get back to me when it's not Windows only... 
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
*sigh* Can't please everyone... 
-
CrazyBernie
- Captain Magnate

- Posts: 1473
- Joined: November 29th, 2007, 1:11 pm
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
*sigh* Can't please everyone... 
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
anyone knows some more free indie RPG's like Ahrimans Prophecy and Eschalon? and which isnt a JRPG wannabe?
i kinda want the Ultima feeling, which Eschalon gave me.
i kinda want the Ultima feeling, which Eschalon gave me.
---------------------------------------------
Collector of CRPG's and Commodore computers.
Collector of CRPG's and Commodore computers.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Always enjoyed the feel of the way the old style Ultimas played. Greatly enjoyed Lazarus too, and I hope Redemption offers a nicely modern twist in a similar way.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
ive played Lazarus, and it was a great "remake" of Ultima 5, too bad though that Redemption will use the Morrowind engine, it just wouldnt feel the same as its just a mod for another game, it feel like TES: Ultima.
better if they reused the Ultima 7 engine or made their own.
better if they reused the Ultima 7 engine or made their own.
---------------------------------------------
Collector of CRPG's and Commodore computers.
Collector of CRPG's and Commodore computers.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
I've always wondered what an Exult-powered Ultima remake might be like, but then I understand someone's remaking Ultima VII as a coherent whole (dunno how they'll cover Part 1.5, aka Underworld II though) so we may find out.Luzur wrote:ive played Lazarus, and it was a great "remake" of Ultima 5, too bad though that Redemption will use the Morrowind engine, it just wouldnt feel the same as its just a mod for another game, it feel like TES: Ultima.
better if they reused the Ultima 7 engine or made their own.
I always enjoyed playing Morrowind. True, the engine doesn't give off Ultima-esque vibes in its default form, but the Redemption team have been working hard on scripting it seems, so I'm curious to see what they've come up with.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
there is? interesting news, link?I've always wondered what an Exult-powered Ultima remake might be like, but then I understand someone's remaking Ultima VII as a coherent whole (dunno how they'll cover Part 1.5, aka Underworld II though) so we may find out.
i also liked Morrowind, beef it up with the great mods out there (enemy mods, the children mods, the cat mod) and it turn into a really great game, too bad Beth had to scramble the formula with Oblivion...I always enjoyed playing Morrowind. True, the engine doesn't give off Ultima-esque vibes in its default form, but the Redemption team have been working hard on scripting it seems, so I'm curious to see what they've come up with.
hopefully TES 5 will return to Daggerfall and Morrowind's theme of roleplaying again, Oblivion felt more as a action-RPG-lite for me and the level scaling was horrible, thank god they released the CS so the (more?) talented modders could get to work.
---------------------------------------------
Collector of CRPG's and Commodore computers.
Collector of CRPG's and Commodore computers.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Does any bode knows a game that is kinda like eschalon book because i really liked this games and i've completed it about 3 times now and it's getting kinda boaring
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
It depends what you are looking for, if it's really something close to eschalon Book 1 I know nothing like this.SuPeRKinG wrote:Does any bode knows a game that is kinda like eschalon book because i really liked this games and i've completed it about 3 times now and it's getting kinda boaring
The closer would be Rogulike but in fact the spirit is very different and not many Roguelike have nice graphics. You can find few on the DS, that are using nice graphics (not as nice than Book 1), one character, turn based, story and quests. For example Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Sorcerer, a top game but you'll get a lot of the very rude approach of Roguelike (no save backup) that you don't have in eschalon. There's also Izuna 1&2, I played the 1, not as good than Shiren but quite good anyway. But again, even if turn based, solo character and good graphics it's also a lot of the rude law of Roguelike games.
There's also Fate, alas it's story and quest are a bit superficial, but you'll get nice graphics, turn based and single character with a nice pet as a bonus.
If it's turn based that grab you but can be party based then there's different nice CRPG, too many so I don't quote any.
If it's single character, story, quests, but not turn based, then Divine Divinity worth a try, a great one despite some flaws. An alternate, more action based and less deep for RPG part is Titan, a solid game.
Re: For the old school console RPG fans...
Realmz comes to mind. It's not very similar, but in some ways it captures the same feeling, in my opinion. For similar exploration, Ultima VII.SuPeRKinG wrote:Does any bode knows a game that is kinda like eschalon book because i really liked this games and i've completed it about 3 times now and it's getting kinda boaring
Anyway, on topic: Everylong looks interesting. I'll give it a try sometime.
