NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]
Posts: 485
Joined: December 19th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by Rune_74 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Rune_74 wrote:A creature? As in it appeared only once in book 1? Hmmm am I reading to much into this?
Yes, I should have said a race of creatures.
Well damn....I was hoping I was onto a lead.
User avatar
mkreku
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: December 20th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by mkreku »

Thanks for the update. Seems my habit of logging in here once every three months or so is the perfect rate :P

And I have to agree with one of the previous posters: you really should get artistic help from the community for a project of this size. It would seem the art is taking up an disproportionate piece of the total development time. But to do that you'd need solid development tools and a strong creative lead.. Oh well.
User avatar
Getharn
Marshall
Posts: 108
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 9:37 am
Location: Cambridge, UK
Contact:

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by Getharn »

mkreku wrote:And I have to agree with one of the previous posters: you really should get artistic help from the community for a project of this size.
I assume you just mean art of the graphical variety? If so, I can understand why that would be tricky. Even leaving aside things like copyright and other legal issues, it's also important in a high quality commercial game that the graphical design is consistent, both in flavour and quality. I'm sure there are some really talented artists out there, but do they have the free time available to produce things to the requisite standard? Will the graphics come out looking a bit inconsistent and patchy? Were I the one in charge of a project like this, all these things would concern me, personally.

I'm sure if the community contains any professional artists who are willing to do commission work for a fee as normal, Basilisk would be more than happy to hear from them. I would have thought that voluntary contributions remain tricky, however, for reasons above.

But then, I'm not familiar with game design - perhaps these issues aren't a problem at all.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]
Posts: 485
Joined: December 19th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by Rune_74 »

I have seen this work, look at minions of mirth for an example. I have stuff in that game that I donated and I`m by no means an artist. It just takes the creator to select what he wants and make a form donating said assets to the project. I have no rights to those items I made. It can be done, and with the write people out there it can be very beneficial.
User avatar
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 669
Joined: August 24th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by Saxon1974 »

Man, hurry up RPGVault with the article on Book II! :evil:
I check every day and for a couple of weeks now it says "Coming soon" on the RPGVault website.
User avatar
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin
Posts: 3900
Joined: July 6th, 2006, 11:31 am
Location: The Grid
Contact:

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Saxon1974 wrote:Man, hurry up RPGVault with the article on Book II! :evil:
I check every day and for a couple of weeks now it says "Coming soon" on the RPGVault website.
Yes, they do seem to take their sweet time rotating stories to the top.

The first article will cover rules and challenges that have been hotly debated on these and other forums, and it includes 2 screenshots. The next peek will offer a look at the storyline and gameplay, and include at least 3 new screenshots. ;)
User avatar
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Posts: 669
Joined: August 24th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Re: NEWS ITEM: December 08, 2008 - Tiny Book II News Update

Post by Saxon1974 »

Cool, the stuff about the rules and challenges should be interesting, there were some great debates on here and alot of people with good ideas, I bet you had some tough decisions :)
Post Reply