WARNING: possible spoilers
Well, first of all, I'd like to thank BW for a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through it and intend to go have another run in the near future.
Some thoughts on possible things for future releases:
I know this has been beaten to death, but an animation speed toggle would be heavenly for Book 2.
I'd also like to see more of an effect for making good/evil choices. Basically, like alignments and the more you tend the in one direction or the other, the more quests/areas open up or are closed off to you. For example, if I played a super evil character, I may gain some "bad" quests like assassination and such, and I might be allowed into thieve or bandit camps or some such, etc. I'd also be locked out of "good" cities and would lose the chance to take on certain quests. It would add a lot to replayability/roleplaying and just plain be fun as well.
Difficulty settings or a New game + option would be awesome as well.
There are like dozens of things I could think of, but most have been mentioned in one place or another so I'll leave it at that for now.
Now, some questions about armor/weapons and "magical" affixes.
Basically, I ended the game with an adamantine piece in every armor slot except cloak and legs. I imagine there isn't one for cloak, but is the 3 armor mithril cloak the highest def armor? And is there an adamantine leg piece?
Now towards the end of the game I began finding +4 items in loot/shops. +4 armor and +4 damage weapons. Is this the highest those go?
On an interesting note, I found a +4 adamantine great sword which I alchemized to +3 hit as well. This actually becomes the best weapon/sword in the game over the divine ore great sword for 2 reasons.
1. It's lighter by a pound. Always useful.
2. It's 10+4 instead of 11+3 or 1d10+4 instead of 1d11+3 so it has a higher average damage and min damage. I believe that's right anyway.
I haven't found anything better than those 2 swords in any weapon category. The closest is probably the executioner axe. It's 2 damage less but like 4 or 5 pounds lighter which is great for avoiding the casting limitation.
I'm also curious about the best bow. I have the bow from the ossuary fully imbued, and the only bow that could surpass it is the composite great bow +4 if that can actually spawn. 7+4 instead of 8+3 and better for the same reasons listed above. Anything better than those?
Bow damage also seems to be bugged slightly or not displaying correctly. When I equip my bow for example (8 base +3) my base only goes up by 7 though my "extra" damage goes up correctly.
On another note, I did not save/reload on any chests or loot. The only rerolling of items I've done is rerolling shop keeper inventory so I could spend all the money I had at the end of the game and find nifty items. I even feel that, as a whole, I had pretty poor drops throughout the game, but still ended up with more than enough equip/money to outfit myself (almost) perfectly.
So in my opinion, the current level of drops/gold is more than adequate. The only suggestion I would have would be to make the rollover of shop keeper inventory more frequent or change the mechanic. As it stands right now, it just feels like an unneeded annoyance.
And that's about it. Thanks again for a great game BW.
Best armor/weapons? Finished game, some thoughts & Q's
-
Conquest101
- Pledge
- Posts: 1
- Joined: March 13th, 2008, 3:06 pm
-
acoustibop
- Officer [Silver Rank]
![Officer [Silver Rank] Officer [Silver Rank]](./images/ranks/officer2.png)
- Posts: 350
- Joined: December 14th, 2007, 3:42 pm
I got an Adamantine Great Sword +4 as well, Conquest101 - however, mine weighs 10lb as against the Divine Ore Great Sword's 12lb - that's 2lb difference.
Several people have said in this forum that +3 is the most you can enhance weapons and armour, regardless of your level of Alchemy - and, of course, you can't enhance items that have already been enhanced any further.
I don't think I've ever come across a weapon that's more than +4 but, for instance, the Ranger Lord's Mithril Bracers enhance your abilities by +5 ToHit - so perhaps +5 enhancement could be possible for weapons, too?
Several people have said in this forum that +3 is the most you can enhance weapons and armour, regardless of your level of Alchemy - and, of course, you can't enhance items that have already been enhanced any further.
I don't think I've ever come across a weapon that's more than +4 but, for instance, the Ranger Lord's Mithril Bracers enhance your abilities by +5 ToHit - so perhaps +5 enhancement could be possible for weapons, too?