Search found 9 matches

by Madmarcus
December 10th, 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Trying to make a "monk" -- Feedback welcome
Replies: 8
Views: 5469

I wasn't really a divine class. I started as a ranger. Picked up divine later through training book & priest's cloak. I did cheat and use light armor.
by Madmarcus
December 8th, 2007, 9:26 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Trying to make a "monk" -- Feedback welcome
Replies: 8
Views: 5469

I did a monk on my first run through. Unarmed combat, bow, alchemy and (later) divine magic. I was atheistic & could not use bless or heal but nimbleness & the skin spells were terrific. Lots of speed, dex, and strength. Spot hidden & survival both got flushed to around 5 but I'm not sure how useful ...
by Madmarcus
November 26th, 2007, 5:49 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Spell Damage Efficency - Math - Spell spoilers
Replies: 35
Views: 22883

I wasn't clear in my statement.

At basically all points in the game the "random" encounters while sleeping were able to do enough damage that sleeping was counter productive. At the minimum I would lose some hit points and be back to the state I was in prior to resting. At the worse, actually most ...
by Madmarcus
November 26th, 2007, 5:25 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: just how balanced and bug free is the game?
Replies: 55
Views: 31013

Noirsoft, there at least two other ways to open locks.

Bash with empty hands - this might require some points in unarmed combat but it works on every locked object
Use LockMelt - I haven't tried this as I have not used Elemental magic yet

The last one has a nice side effect. The loot in chests and ...
by Madmarcus
November 25th, 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Spell Damage Efficency - Math - Spell spoilers
Replies: 35
Views: 22883


Actually, my character's perception is 26 + 8 meditation make the sleep cycles very short. I takes just under 9 hours, in game, to recharge from 0 to 136. My problem isn't with the length of time it takes to get back that mana via resting. My problem is the fact is that I can't even *come close ...
by Madmarcus
November 24th, 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Weapon questions
Replies: 18
Views: 11404

[quote="BasiliskWrangler"
- Sell any awesome weapons you come across, because you don't need to keep any, meaning more gold in your pocket.[/quote]

That's why I took it. On the other hand I've backed it up with magical arrows.
by Madmarcus
November 24th, 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Weapon questions
Replies: 18
Views: 11404

Does a high level of unarmed skill ever make up for the lack of a weapons base damage? I'm guessing no. My martial artist is starting to have problems at level 10.
by Madmarcus
November 23rd, 2007, 5:46 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Early Game (?) Spoiler wanted
Replies: 19
Views: 13366

I found the walking dead to be too hard at 5th level also. So I just waited until later. At 7th level it wasn't bad.
by Madmarcus
November 23rd, 2007, 8:53 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Messed up the Crux quest [SPOILER]
Replies: 2
Views: 2387

Messed up the Crux quest [SPOILER]

In Blackwater I talked to the innkeeper and found the passage. But after getting in I decided that I had more to do before advancing the main quest. So I left. Now I can't get back in!

Naturally I only found this after a fairly significant amount of adventuring. Is there any way to get back in ...