Search found 16 matches
- January 27th, 2011, 3:33 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book II
- Topic: What's the combination lock code on Talushorn Level 4?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4425
Re: What's the combination lock code on Talushorn Level 4?
Just use a keg and blow up the portcullis in Talushorn 4. You can blow up every portcullis in the game except for the very last one if I recall.
- January 27th, 2011, 3:30 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book II
- Topic: sinsister something in cape sorrow
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10465
Re: sinsister something in cape sorrow
Invisibility potion seems to be the easiest way. Just chug one of them and stand there while the undead ignore you completely. Another option is just to hit the space bar REALLY FAST. The undead might get to take one or two steps at most before you've passed 20 turns, but you'll probably take some ...
- January 23rd, 2011, 1:27 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book II
- Topic: Trainers are flawed
- Replies: 23
- Views: 13917
Re: Trainers are flawed
While it should not be called a deal-breaker, trainers should certainly be implemented in a way that does not require Out Of Character knowledge of a previous game to make use of. For any first time player it is unlikely they will reach Port Kudad before they gain 8 ranks in their primary skills. On ...
- January 15th, 2011, 6:06 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book II
- Topic: Trainers are flawed
- Replies: 23
- Views: 13917
Re: Trainers are flawed
Making effective use out of the trainers in the game certainly requires Out Of Character knowledge that you shouldn't expect of anyone on their first play through. To counter this issue, it might be best to change trainers so they give you a one time benefit.
For example, even the most skilled ...
For example, even the most skilled ...
- January 15th, 2011, 3:43 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: CB's Crazy Indie Give-Away Round 4 Is GO!!!
- Replies: 38
- Views: 24889
Re: CB's Crazy Indie Give-Away Round 4 Is GO!!!
Yeah, about that trivia... it's not going to happen. 0_o There wasn't really enough of a turnout to warrant the extra activity... and between work, teeth problems, and my sister-in-law about to pop out a baby (as in today), I've been a bit preoccupied... :shock: Congratulations to your sister-in ...
- January 15th, 2011, 1:17 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: CB's Crazy Indie Give-Away Round 4 Is GO!!!
- Replies: 38
- Views: 24889
Re: CB's Crazy Indie Give-Away Round 4 Is GO!!!
It is Saturday the 15th, a couple minutes after 12:00 central standard time, and I am officially checking in. I understand there are trivia questions that are going to be asked, now?
- January 13th, 2011, 5:15 pm
- Forum: General Chat
- Topic: CB's Crazy Indie Give-Away Round 4 Is GO!!!
- Replies: 38
- Views: 24889
Re: CB's Crazy Indie Give-Away Round 4 Is GO!!!
I would like to put my name in for a Physical Copy of Eschalon Book II. I've only got the demo so far and it would be mighty nice to be able to play the full game.
So, we simply need to show up here on Saturday the 15th? What time zone?
So, we simply need to show up here on Saturday the 15th? What time zone?
- January 13th, 2011, 4:44 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book I
- Topic: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
- Replies: 29
- Views: 27157
Re: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
6-7 Fire Darts, depending on your damage rolls. It's also more mana efficient to use Firedart over any of the higher tier spells when you're fighting a single enemy.
- January 13th, 2011, 3:26 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book II
- Topic: Thoughts on the Demo!
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2024
Thoughts on the Demo!
I just finished the Demo and I wanted to share my thoughts on it:
Leveling was a lot smoother than in Book 1. Book 1 felt like a struggle to get the first couple of levels, but this was a nice steady rise in power. I cannot explain exactly why that is, because I think the monster experience values ...
Leveling was a lot smoother than in Book 1. Book 1 felt like a struggle to get the first couple of levels, but this was a nice steady rise in power. I cannot explain exactly why that is, because I think the monster experience values ...
- January 12th, 2011, 4:37 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book I
- Topic: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
- Replies: 29
- Views: 27157
Re: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
That is only partially true. It would have been nice if the manual told me I was in for a lesson in futility if I had anything less than a 30 in my weapon skill. I wasted 14 hours of my life struggling against even basic enemies.
Meanwhile with 11 points in Elemental I could take down a Taurax with ...
Meanwhile with 11 points in Elemental I could take down a Taurax with ...
- January 12th, 2011, 4:25 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book I
- Topic: Funny Bugs.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4976
Re: Funny Bugs.
Nice finds! Someone also mentioned that there's a square in Lilith's house that causes bees to spawn nearby each time you walk across it. Presumably you could do the same kind of XP spam with that trick. BW should probably make both events once-only if he ever releases a new version of Book I. This ...
- January 11th, 2011, 9:21 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book II
- Topic: Dodge Book
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2143
Dodge Book
What is the earliest place you can pick up the Dodge skill book? I don't mind doing a little savescuming to get it, but I don't want to waste my time if there is no chance of it turning up in certain shops.
- January 11th, 2011, 6:40 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book I
- Topic: The perfect dice roll?
- Replies: 24
- Views: 25136
Re: The perfect dice roll?
I just beat the game as a Magic-User and decided to start an Unarmed fighter. I rolled a 106 (Strength 9, Speed 13) and threw it away because I didn't like the low strength. Luck is mocking me. 
- January 11th, 2011, 5:58 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book I
- Topic: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
- Replies: 29
- Views: 27157
Re: I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Personally, I prefer an actual difficulty instead of the illusion of one. This is what makes a game a game instead of an interactive movie. But I respect your opinion and wish you luck in getting your money back, even though I don´t really think you´re entitled to a refund... I think that camping ...
- January 11th, 2011, 5:42 pm
- Forum: Eschalon: Book I
- Topic: Funny Bugs.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4976
Funny Bugs.
Two bugs! First, you can repeatedly click on the Golden Statue in the Goblin Citadel to spawn countless goblins. If you click fast enough the goblins don't even have time to move more than a square. I just cast invisibility repeatedly and clicked on the statue enough times that 2 supernovas gave me ...