Search found 20 matches

by bob.d
March 19th, 2008, 9:44 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

it's not that tricky. i use hexedit, works fine for me. pick the slot (if you use qucik save it's slot 1) and open the file called 'char'.

and then you just start changing the numbers, beginning at the end of the third row. the important numbers are separated by three sets of '00' - and 01 means 1 ...
by bob.d
February 14th, 2008, 10:18 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Help finding the Oasis
Replies: 3
Views: 2369

Have you tried x=34, y=140?
by bob.d
February 14th, 2008, 3:47 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Time to spoil me
Replies: 10
Views: 6121

get into the house in blackwater with a dead body in it (near the gate that you can't open). take the note from the corpse, introduce yourself as 'fooozgumpgh' or something like that to the tavern owner in blackwater, go through the wall in the room you are taken to, and there you are!
by bob.d
February 10th, 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

thanks a lot again! i'm gonna try it as soon as possible, just have to do some stuff in real life first =)
by bob.d
February 10th, 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

wow, impressive! :)

i just tried your way to gain 40,000, and it works perfectly! thanks a lot!

i still can't figure out how to edit the attributes and skills ... what do you when you say "lines 3ff"?

anyway, thanks again, i'm rich and happy :)
by bob.d
February 9th, 2008, 8:58 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

it is? that sounds great! :D

could you maybe give me some tips? to start with i can't find any editor that works on a mac - artmoney and those other editors doesn't.

or do you just open the 'char'-file and change stuff? if so, what should i look for?
by bob.d
February 8th, 2008, 10:20 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: Southern Gate
Replies: 10
Views: 4787

i think you can pick it up in darkford ... just threaten your way in and grab it.
by bob.d
February 8th, 2008, 10:18 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

yes, me too ... i've finished the game in all three ways. it would be so fun to edit stuff and create a super-character. i just can't figure out how to - maybe no one else can either? it's probably just me, though. makes me sad.
by bob.d
February 7th, 2008, 9:30 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]
Replies: 184
Views: 357330

i noticed that some people are lever 19, and i hear that there is a limit att level 20. i was just curious, am i missing something vital here or is the difference between level 17 and 19 just a lot of camping and patience?
by bob.d
February 3rd, 2008, 4:57 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

many great ideas, thanks a lot! maybe i can become rich after all.

i agree that money is not a problem in the second half of the game (and not that important either). but i was imagining that i could make a simply change in the game file, and start with 99,999 pieces of gold instead of 200, and ...
by bob.d
February 1st, 2008, 9:39 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: If you achieve Destroyer, post here [spoilers]
Replies: 184
Views: 357330

I made it too. Really fun; one of the best games I ever played!


Image
by bob.d
February 1st, 2008, 7:12 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

that's propbably why it's not working for me (i have 1.0.4); mystery solved! thanks anyway! :)

i have finished the game without cheating, but i would still like to feel wealthy!
so, any help with editing the money would still be great! i can't find anything useful in the 'char'-file. seems to ...
by bob.d
January 31st, 2008, 7:30 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

okey, that's works for me. i'm with you so far. =)

but when i i try to access the options menu (pressing escape or clicking on the symbol - that is the load game screen, right?) while holding an item all i get is a text line that says "you must drop any item currently held before you can access the ...
by bob.d
January 30th, 2008, 8:54 am
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

thanks for your tip, sirchet! this would be perfect for me!

i have one problem though; when i open a chest and click on an item in it, it immediatly jumps to my 'inventory' or what you call it. i doesn't stick to my cursor, that is.

do you know what i am doing wrong? have we got different versions ...
by bob.d
January 27th, 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum: Eschalon: Book I
Topic: edit money?
Replies: 48
Views: 23152

yes, you are probably right ... and i don't think i'm able to do it - maybe i will just have to remain poor. =)